Job details

:)hi just need to know when you are paid by employer do you need to have a Vietnamese bank account or do they pay cash? I know it sounds stupid but i would like to know.
And 'jaitch' said that VietComBank is best for overseas money transfers are they a good bank and is it easy to open an account? :)

You can paid cash direct to employer or you can open an account at Vietcombank to do that job.
You have two option

A lot depends on the employer and job. I know some teachers who are paid cash... and some paid into the bank, those that are via bank are occasionally told it must be a certain bank depending on the school.

Where I work (not a teacher) I use HSBC my company uses another bank, but being an expat it's not a problem. I also have no issues with overseas transfers.

thank you both for your help ( laidbackfreak,jupiter7114 ) i did not realise that HSBC was in
Viet Nam that makes things better for me.
cheers

bluecheer wrote:

:)hi just need to know when you are paid by employer do you need to have a Vietnamese bank account or do they pay cash?

It depends on where you work in and which company you work for, (they will ask you to have a VNmese acccount or not), but in my book, you should have one.

bluecheer wrote:

And 'jaitch' said that VietComBank is best for overseas money transfers are they a good bank and is it easy to open an account? :)

I recommend ANZ bank (The Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited) to you :)
Hope it would be helpful for you :)

thank for your help 'funnybear92' why do you recommend ANZ?

HSBC Vietnam is not linked to other HSBC banks unless you are a premier member. I've been using Vietcombank with no issues.

I use VietIN bank and Wells Fargo and haven't had any issues.