Want to make some friends!

Hello everyone,
I'm Kate from England and I arrive in Dalian on the 26th and I will be teaching in a kindergarten. I would love to hear from some new people, make some new friends, listen to any advice you have and learn about your experiences of life in Dalian! I'm coming alone so your friendship will be greatly appreciated :)
Kate

Hi Kate!

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Armand

Hi Kate ,

Welcome to China ! :) I'm Neha , I'm an Indian and I am living in China from 6 yrs . I would love to meet you once you are here , if you need any kind of help , please feel free to ask .

Best Regards
Neha

Hi

I have been in Dalian for a months and don't really know anyone yet. I would like to meet up with you as well.

Hi all,
If anyone of you are in KaiFaQu, my family and I have been living here now for almost 2 years, mostly on the weekend we are out and abouts. Drop me a line if any of you want to meet up sometimes.
Also I am out for the occasional beer.

cheers
klaus

Hi

I am in Jinzhou so Kai Fa Qu is quite close to me and would love to meet up.  Unfortunately my busiest working days are Saturday and Sunday.  I am off on Monday and Tuesday and don't know anyone else who has those days off.

Andy

Hi,

I know that last post was aimed at Klaus but i will also be in Jinzhou and my day off is Monday if you'd like to meet up x

Sure I would like to meet up

Hi,

I am from England too..... London to be exact.

Hope you guys are having a great stay in Dalian!

Best Regards,
Becky

Hey Andy,

Yes, Monday and Tuesday are strange days to be off, or should I say, strange to me....
If you are up to it, we could meet up one of the coming tuesdays for dinner and a beer, let me know.
Usually we are more out on the weekends, also with the kids.
Kate let me know if you like to meet up one day, the more the marrier... :-)

cheers
klaus

Hi

Klaus: I would like to meet up with you next Tuesday evening.  Just let me know when and where you are thinking.

Kate: If you are free on Monday or Tuesday I can show some places to Jinzhou and how to get into Dalian if you would like.

Thanks for the post Becky! Thanks for the offer Andy and Klaus, I would like to take you up on it but maybe in a few weeks when I've settled in a little more. I arrive on Monday to Shenyang where I will be for a few days before coming to Jinzhou. Thanks guys x

oh, enjoy youself in China.

Hey Andy,

This and next week I am extremely busy with work, so in two weeks lets do something in Jingzhou or 5color area. I drive, so we could meet up and head somewhere for a bite to eat and a beer or two.
My e-mail is [email protected], so lets contact direct and hook up in the next 2 weeks.
Kate, when you get settled in, give us a holler.

Cheers,
Klaus

Hi Kate I 2 and from the UK. Both of us met in Devon & our family is there. Although we lived in Kent b4 we moved here. Hubby, Kevin, & I moved 2 Dalian at the end of October last year. Kev in a teacher here in the centre near Labour Park. Which part of Dalian r u living? How did u come 2 be in China?  We have been xpats in both Moscow Russia & Lima Peru and now here in Dalian. We have a son who lives & works in Hangzhou, South of Shanghai. He is married 2 a Chinese girl & r expecting their first child in August. I would love 2 meet up and have coffee & a chat. Let me know is u would like 2 meet up and mayb we could arrange something. Looking 4ward 2 hearing from u soon. Blessings Jan

You may find good Japan or Korean cuisine there, because there are a lot of Japanese and Korean, but it is best to go to where locals like to go.

Hello Jan thanks for your reply! I am from Grimsby, near Hull. I'm an English teacher and live in Jinzhou but visit Dalian quite often. I came here as I was stuck in 3 dead end jobs at home working 7 days a week and going nowhere, jobs are few and far between in my town so the only option was to leave. It's the first time I've left home. It would be nice to meet up, I haven't met any expat women since I've been here. Kate

Hi everyone. I'm Amy. I'm moving to Dalian next week for 3 months. And would love to make some new fiends, meet up with new people, maybe go for a beer?
I'm very excited, any tips on what I should definately pack?

hello katie i could'nt see you in my facebook,how come ,what happened

[Moderated: no free ad pls + post in Dalian classifieds]

welcome to dalian. im from dalian, and lived in Ireland 10 years, recently came back to this hometown. if you need any help, kindly let me know.

Enjoy your stay.

Jay

Hi everyone! I am Silvia, I live in UK (Liverpool) at the moment but I m moving to Dalian by the end of the month to study for my PhD at DUT for one year...it could be great to meet you guys!

See you soon!

Silvia

your subjest for PhD?

Hi muzamil, Im going to work at the school of mechanical engineering...are you starting a PhD as well?

cheers

Good to know! I ll be in Dalian only for one year since my PhD is based at the Uni of Liverpool (I started in January). Btw I ll contact you when I ll be in Dalian (I got a CSC scholarship as well, so I should be at DUT by the end of the August, even if I have no tickets yet).
It is good to know I won't be the only stranger in DUT in September!
See you there

I ll arrive at 2nd of sep.
nice to meet you hope you ll not feel stranger as many foreigner  also study in dut.
hope my ll meet in Sep.

my email id is [email protected]

hey welcome to dalian, i am taiwanese and have been in dalian for quite a few months.
I have been moving around, was in hk for 1,5 year and then to uk for 1 year, now back to asia and staying in Dalian. I miss hanging out with ppl from different cultures, if you fancy hanging out together, feel free to drop me a line.

see you around and wish you a great start moving to dalian!! : )

Lea

Hi Lea

I used to live in Taiwan before I lived in Dalian and really liked it there. Which city are you from?

Where do you live in Dalian? I live in Jinzhou but usually socialize in Kai Fa Qu.

I know a few people from different countries if you want to meet up your more than welcome to join us.

Andy

Hey Andy,
I am from Changhua, do you know it?
It is a quiet little place, haha.
How long did you live in Taiwan? I agree with you that it is a great place, I am back for a week and have to hop on the plane back tonight :( haha.

What about tomorrow then? If you guys are out for a drink, let me know if not too late I would love to join.
See you around! Lea

Hi Lea

I am afraid that I don't know Changhua, I was in Taoyuan and then Taipei. 

I usually go out on a Wednesday or a Saturday night,  Never been out here on a Sunday night.

Where do you live?

Andy

Hopefully we could be friends too :D
Though I am 100% new to this forum, I have been "stuck" in this city for 24 years--my life.
I am a Dalian local who is a little special.

Hey Andy, sorry for the late reply. Right I will join you guys on some Saturday night for a drink, just don't remind me how great Taiwan is over the conversation!! Lol just kidding. See you around!  Do you mind sending me your phone number in private message and we keep in touch. I probably will bring some friend over as well. The more the merrier :)

[Moderated: Off topic.]

hi.

[Moderated: pls do not post your personal details on a public Forum for safety reasons]

have a great day

are you teaching in Dalian now?

hello Kate, Nice to know you here. if you have any question about this city, I am willing to answer.

Best regards,

Hans

make some friends!

Hi all. I'm Mohammad. I'm from Jordan . And would love to make some new friends, meet up with new people
I'm very excited for tht ,

Hello, I am David. Welcome to China