Convert my Indian licence to malaysian driving licence

Ops Warta: Foreigners without driver's licence detained
Published: Sunday May 24, 2015 MYT 12:17:00 AM
Updated: Sunday May 24, 2015 MYT 12:24:36 AM

Selangor Road Transport Department nabbed 70 people including 50 foreigners without competent driver's licence at a recent operation.

http://www.thestar.com.my/Videos/2015/0 … -detained/

If you are not legal think about getting your licence changed due to the new Ops on driving licences

Dear sir,
i got my licence in India (not international licence). now i want to drive in Malaysia. tell me the procedure to get Malaysian licence

scgpm2000 - go to the webpage for the Indian High Commission in Malaysia. It gives details of their appointed company that  you should contact to get your licence changed, who can also explain the process.

Here is the link on the Indian HC website

http://indianhighcommission.com.my/othe … ml#driving

Attestation of driving license

•Photocopy of the driving license duly attested by CPV Division of Ministry of External Affairs New Delhi or its Branch Offices in Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkatta or Gauhati plus one photocopy of the attested copy
•One copy of the passport (first page, last page and current visa page). 
•The originals need to be presented for scrutiny.
•Charges: RM 47+ RM 9.50 service fees

With effect from 1 June 2011, the applications for above listed Other Consular Service will be received at Passport and Other Consular Services Application Centre (PCSAC) at the following address on all working days (Monday to Friday) except public holidays from 0830 hrs to 1330 hrs."

Wisma Paradise,
2nd Floor,
No. 63, Jalan Ampang,
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Phone number: +60 3 2022 2644 / +60 3 2022 2646 between 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM (Monday - Friday except designated holidays)
Fax No: +60 3 2022 2645
Name of contact person: Ms. Karthiga

E-mail: [email protected]
website:http://blsinternational.com/blsintl/blsindia-malaysia.com/index.php

Processing time and collection

Collection between 1500 hrs and 1700 hrs on 3rd working day from date of submission at the PCSAC.  However in case the passport was not issued in Kuala Lumpur, issue of the Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) may take up to four weeks.

Hi Carlye,

which documents do you submitted at JPJ for converting your indian licence to Malaysian licence.

Where did u get that letter?

I am Indian national married to a malaysian lady..
I applied to convert my indian driving licence to malaysian driving licence...with the  indian driving licence copy attested by Ministry of External affairs ( MEA)...with the copy of passport with tourist visa page...though they accepted all my documents and sent to HQ putra jaya for approval....after 45 days my application was rejected in HQ...in the meantime, i got Long term social visit pass granted since my wife is malaysian..and now i want to apply again with the copy of my passport with LTSV pass page...i hope this time my application might be accepted and approved...

Hi have any low spouse visa have Malaysia driving licence D after need to get GDL,

So it's valid to use Indian driving license in Malaysia to drive car
I am planning to buy Myvi
Please suggest

So is it valid to use Indian Driving license in Malaysia?

I am planning to buy Myvi

You need Indian license authenticated if not translated into English if not credit card style. BSL do this. Plus IDP.

Hello Garvitas,
Thanks for your response, I have Indian license in English I.e. looks like credit card.

My most worry part is, can I drive car in Malaysia with Indian license?

It would be appreciated, if you help to share some Malaysia road and transport related information, where it written that it allows Indian driving license

I tried a lot to get such information, but not getting appropriate one.

Hi, could you share the pic of the letter or send pm of the letter.

Thanks

Hi, could you share the pic of the letter or send pm of the letter.

Thanks