Basketball for Pinoy Only!

Hi Guys,

I am planning to organize a basketball club here in Riyadh exclusively for Pinoy / Filipinos only! We are a group of 6 already looking for some play mates. maybe you guys can help us find a good basketball gym and lets start playing!

Any suggestions is welcome!

thank you,
Winston

Hello Winston.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Aurélie

Thank you!

try elite international school or spis..you can play also in al-yamamah

where is that? can you give me a street location or any landmark close to them? sorry I'm just new here, about 3 weeks at the moment so kinda not familiar with those names that you've mentioned. Maybe if you have some filipino friends that are playing too?

Id like to join.

Im not a pinoy though. :p

goher11 wrote:

I'm gonna help you out.  Here's another group CLICK HERE!

Naah, I visited this group before, the guy tobeornottobe :p
has already left riyadh.

Alliecat wrote:
goher11 wrote:

Thanks for the reply but I think that is an old thread already and some of those people in that discussion was not here anymore.

If you could see or find other Filipino guys that are willing to play you can come along with them. :)

Winston Wynne wrote:
Alliecat wrote:
goher11 wrote:

Thanks for the reply but I think that is an old thread already and some of those people in that discussion was not here anymore.

If you could see or find other Filipino guys that are willing to play you can come along with them. :)

There are posts on that thread as recent as two weeks ago from guys who want to play.  It doesn't matter that the OP is no longer there--the others who replied want to play and aren't insistent that one has to be Filipino.  I urge gopher to contact them and see if something can be set up.

beside Saudi German hospital there is a sports club, there many chinese play on Wednesday night from 7-9PM.

suribhai wrote:

beside Saudi German hospital there is a sports club, there many chinese play on Wednesday night from 7-9PM.

Thanks for the information but I don't think I could get along with them since I don't speak any Chinese dialect and I don't have any Chinese friends (hope to get some in the future) at the moment.

Thanks again! Regards!

Winston Wynne wrote:
suribhai wrote:

Thanks for the information but I don't think I could get along with them since I don't speak any Chinese dialect and I don't have any Chinese friends (hope to get some in the future) at the moment.

Thanks again! Regards!

Winston, if they are working in KSA, it's almost certain they speak some English.  You say you hope to get some Chinese friends in the future?  This could be the perfect opportunity to start.

You seem to be very determined to associate only with those of your own nationality and this attitude is going to cut you out of one of the GOOD things about working in KSA:  the chance to meet and get to know people from all over the world! :top:

It always depends on you, how you get along with people, no matter who they are and wr are they from. Good luck.

Well, I think we will try to visit that suribhai suggested place. Thank you for the info guys.

Other suggestions is still welcome, the more the merrier! hehe

Winston Wynne wrote:

Well, I think we will try to visit that suribhai suggested place. Thank you for the info guys.

Other suggestions is still welcome, the more the merrier! hehe

:one

Hi Winston,

I wanted to join, how ca i contact you?
Thanks!