Anybody know anything about life in General Santos City?

I have a contingency of perhaps spending a few months in General Santos City. Does anybody know anything about what life for an expat is like down there.  I'll be earning income online.

I'm curious about:

1. the cleanliness of it,
2. is there much of an expat community,
3. things to do,
4. availability of good internet connections,
5. availability of studio apartments to rent for 3 - 6 months,
6. are the local friendly toward foreigners?
7. etc.

I've heard that there's a nice beach nearby by called Gamasa, that's comparable to Boracay in its early days.  Is that true?

And it's also my understanding that the cheapest way to get there is via flights out of Clark.  I think Cebu Air is the air carrier, right?

Regards,
Art

1. the cleanliness of it,
It is very clean depending where you go.

2. is there much of an expat community,
Yes, in certain areas there are other expats.

3. things to do
The malls have everything! Also local areas have amazing seafood!

4. availability of good internet connections
There is decent internet everywhere.

5. availability of studio apartments to rent for 3 - 6 months,
Yes, you can Google what are you want to search for.

6. are the local friendly toward foreigners?
Thats the best part of Gensan. The people here are so amazing I am moving here. My fiance is from there and we will be headed back after her green card from the US. You will fall in love with it!

7. etc.

I've heard that there's a nice beach nearby by called Gamasa   -its called  gumasa ,never been to boracay so cant compare   , And it's also my understanding that the cheapest way to get there is via flights out of Clark.  I think Cebu Air is the air carrier, right?     there are no flights from clark to gensan   -only from manila   with cebu pac   or phil airline