Cost of living in jakarta

hello friends,

i am engineer with 4 yrs of experience and recent MBA graduate. i have been offered a job by a start up coal mining company with salary of US $1700 per month with accommodation, laptop, blackberry. job location Jakarta

can i live good life in Jakarta with such salary?

and yeah how pays income tax for expats in Indonesia?

Please help me guys...

Hi tanvir26787,

Welcome to expat-blog!

I suggest you to read topic on the Jakarta forum, Cost of living in Jakarta, you may find useful information, according to your questions.

Best of luck,

David.

I spend less than ten million/month but I don't drink, no clubbing and no ladies who associate with gentlemen for profit.
I do buy whatever takes my fancy (when my wife lets me or I can hide it from her) and I live to eat out.

hi mas fred,

thanks for replying,

i just want to ask u.

if i am provided accommodation, laptop, mobile by company. so how much money i need to live good life in Jakarta, good life means daily transportation to office, daily normal food, no drinking, out-side dinner twice/thrice in month and 1 or 2 movies. so how much money i need for such life in Jakarta ?

I do think that your salary is enough for your lifestyle. You probably need to ask your company to provide you with transportation (it should be inluded).
You need to tell us information abt the location of the office and the location where you'd stay at to estimate the budget for transportation. But assuming the locations would be near to each other, you'd need to spend as little as 15 thou IDR up to 30 thou IDR / one way.
Food is relatively cheap, you can go as cheap as 10 thou IDR/ meal up to 200 thou / meal. You can also hire a maid who can come to your place a few days a week to cook and clean for relatively cheap salary.
Movies would be 30 - 60 thou IDR depending on the days and location/ the cinema.

Hope it helps

Annie

As others have said, it depends solely on your lifestyle. it's enough for your stated need.
Mind you, I can live comfortably off of half the amount. You also may want to check out Kelly's Indonesia employment outlook & salary guide, just google it.

tanvir26787 wrote:

hello friends,

i am engineer with 4 yrs of experience and recent MBA graduate. i have been offered a job by a start up coal mining company with salary of US $1700 per month with accommodation, laptop, blackberry. job location Jakarta

can i live good life in Jakarta with such salary?

and yeah how pays income tax for expats in Indonesia?

Please help me guys...

Make sure your company pays your taxes, and they also cover you medical and dental insurance as well as paid annual vacation with return tickets to your point of origin.