CASTING FOR NEW TV SERIES: ARE YOU AN AUSSIE IN BALI?

We are filming a brand new television series which follows Aussies in Bali. Each year 900,000 Australians descend on the island, and we want to follow some of you who have chosen to holiday, work or even live permanently on the island.

The series is an uplifting look at our most popular holiday hotspot. Whether you are living there permenantly, heading there for a week with the family, a wedding, a hen's do, Schoolies, a boys trip, a girls trip, a surf tour or ANY other type of trip... we want to hear from you!

This show is all about finding out why so many Australians go to Bali, and why they keep going back year after year. So whatever your reason for being there, we want to tell your real life stories.

Our television crews will be filming across Bali from mid-June to mid-August 2013, and from the end of November through to the start of January 2014. Therefore we are looking to follow Australians who will be in Bali during those dates.

If you are interested in being involved or have any questions, we would love to hear from you. Please email your name, contact details, trip dates and a little bit about your trip plans to [email protected]

Thanks, The Eyeworks Team

While I am not Australian, I have lived in Bali for many years and three Australians who might be perfect for your project immediately come to my mind:

John Fawcett: 

http://www.balieye.org/book-john.htm

Tony Van den Hout of Mas, Ubud…a famous balian of Bali who was born in Australia of Dutch and Balinese parenthood. 

Andrew Hall:  A well known long time Bali resident from Perth, a past journalist and educator at the University of Western Australia and currently an editor and writer for The Yak Magazine. 

Each of these gentlemen are totally diverse and unique. 

However, if you're primarily looking for a band of bogans, none of these gentlemen will fit that bill.   Finding the bogans will be easy…just camp out in Kuta.

Hi Ubudian
I'm Australian and in my opinion you were being very generous when you described Aussies in Kuta as "bogans". In fact, they are like that at home and get worse as soon as their plane for Bali takes off. Your true opinion would be good to hear but probably not here! Most times when I am in Bali, particularly the beach area, I will not even admit to being Aussie.
Jeff

Hi Jeff,
Nice to see your still around any thought on your moving to Bali >
I agree with your comments, in fact I rarely go to Kuta for the reasons
you mentioned. I recently had to go to Discovery Mall in Kuta to do some shopping, I was appalled to see several obvious Aussies drinking from large bottles of Bintang at 10.30 in the morning  while their wife's shopped for cheap trinkets.
Thank God I live in Jimbaran
Howard

Hi Annabel, I saw your message. I'm an Australian but have been living in France for the last 25 years. I'm married to a flamenco guitariste and our 4 children now live in Sydney. We are coming to Sydney in september but will be in Bali from mid november to mid december. This is a "getting to know bali" trip for my husband as I would like to move to Bali.  We would be very happy to take part in your documentary.

My email adress is [email protected]

Best regards,
Catherine