Newbie making an introduction

Just wanted to say hello and thanks so much for the information I have been able to compile from all of you willing to share your story!  My husband and I will be coming to Panama for a little over 3 weeks in June/July to seriously look at relocating in the near future. As our plans come together and we have questions that I have not been able to source yet,  I hope to rely on those of you who are willing to share your insights. A bit of background we are ages 51(me)and (63) Hubby, and are at the point where we want to slow down and have always spent any free time we could manage in other cultures, as well as growing up in Pakistan, Japan and Germany (Air Force Brat) So the travel bug/lifestyle has always been a big part of our lives.....we are not wealthy, we will be making some lifestyle changes we know, but retiring anywhere would require change for us,  but we are frugal and although we enjoy fine things we don't have to have them.(my husband built a small cabin in his 20's and lived in it for 7 years with no electricity or running water) so roughing it is something we know, not to say that I don't want those things, just know we can and will adapt to our situation, no matter what if might be! We are hoping to maybe have an opportunity to meet some expats while we are there, right now we are looking at El Valle, Boquete, Las Tablas/Pedasi, David, Bocas del Toro- we are most interested in the Azuero Peninsula so are planning most of our time in that area. Hopefully as we finalize some plans i can reach out to some of you to guide us in the right direction! Thanks in advance, cheers!

Greetings
We will be retiring to Pedasi in August so will not be there when you are. However, we would highly recommend you check out hostaldonamaria.com. We have stayed there both times we visited Pedasi and Donna Marie is great. Nice rooms, good breakfast and she knows everyone and everything about the area. If you want to find out what the rental market is like email our friend Christine Small @ xtine0311 @ yahoo . com (take out the spaces). We rented our house from her and she has her pulse on the local market, not a realtor, but she also has no affiliation with any of the "big properties'" like a couple of the local realtor have. Be sure to check out the internet cafe on the town square, they have large ice cream cones for $1 and for great Italian it is Pasta y Vino, for seafood it is Isla Iguana just out of town on the way to Venao.
Buena Suerta

Thank you so much for the information! Maybe we can connect down the road! This is exactly was I was hoping for, I so appreciate the help. Cheers!