How good and strong is mexico's economy

I really want to know How good and strong is mexico's economy?

What kind of metric do you want to use?

So would 10,000 investors. Good luck. I followed while being ridiculed the economy closely in 1994. Hacienda, Banco de Mexico up until the end claimed the bank had close to FIFTY BILLION DOLLARS in currency reserves. The stock market was doing good. The came the Christmas Surprise of 22 December. Everything vanished. POOF! Smoke and mirrors. If you trust wall street, or a broker to reassure you how well Mexico is, financially, you are a fool IMHO.

While México was wooing new investors, the wealthy were cleaning out their bank accounts and sending their money overseas. Mexico's economy is about as transparent as a mud puddle.

kofiAnsah wrote:

I really want to know How good and strong is mexico's economy?

Mexico's Economy is doing just fine compared to the rest of the world. With Europe in recession and the Asian Economies slowing down,Mexico's GDP growth in 2011 and 2012 maintained a mediocre growth of 4 %.

Mexico's GDP per capita is around 16,000 $US ranking as the 82nd highest in the world. Yet, this is still one of the strengths of Mexico disguised in a weakness. The low GDP per Capita is a reason why Mexico is a cheaper alternative to building and operating factories and to attract foreign investments that seek cheap labor to maximize profit. Which is the reason why Mexico has low inflation rate and low unemployment.

I tend to look at all the basics, infrastructure, jobs, and standard of living. By those standards Mexico seems to be continuing to move forward. There is a lot of building, pot holes being fixed and new highways. The police military and federal police all seem to be actively working on any gang and crime issues. People are working and buying products and there is a new galleria mall on the Malacon. Those are usually signs of a strengthening economy.

mexbungalows wrote:

So would 10,000 investors. Good luck. I followed while being ridiculed the economy closely in 1994. Hacienda, Banco de Mexico up until the end claimed the bank had close to FIFTY BILLION DOLLARS in currency reserves. The stock market was doing good. The came the Christmas Surprise of 22 December. Everything vanished. POOF! Smoke and mirrors. If you trust wall street, or a broker to reassure you how well Mexico is, financially, you are a fool IMHO.

While México was wooing new investors, the wealthy were cleaning out their bank accounts and sending their money overseas. Mexico's economy is about as transparent as a mud puddle.

This guy is crazy as a loon. He is everywhere on mexico forums.' Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.'  Do you remember that line? Mexbungalows is still staring at the curtain 40 years later.