Trying to coordinate travel plans

Hey all,

My wife and I are traveling to Cuenca in a few weeks. We're trying to coordinate travel plans (long story why the short notice). I'm gathering from the reading here that a flight to Guayaquil and a bus to Cuenca is the easiest/cheapest? How long is the bus ride? Bathrooms or stops? Can we book a flight to Cuenca if we change our minds once in country, or is it better to try to arrange from here?

This is really a new adventure for us, and I'm no travel agent!

Thanks for the help in advance.

PT

Hello PT.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Aurélie

Hey Tony,
There are a few factors that could help in your planning. It sounds as if it will just be the two of you? If so, what is your baggage situation going to be? The reason I ask this is because another option you had not mentioned was a van service. I have not taken the bus, but I understand it's much longer, there are no " facilities" on them either.
The vans leave pretty much on an hourly basis. The cost starts at $ 12.00 per person, usually allowing for one large suitcase and a carry on type size. You can usually pay an up grade for additional luggage. The other option is a private van, where you and your wife would have the whole van to yourself, and luggage isn't an issue, this service runs about $ 80.00, but another upside is, they will take you directly to your final destination, rather than the depot. The vans make the trip in approximately 3 hours.
If you need a van service link, hit me up with a P.M.
Good Luck in your travels
Neil

http://guayaquilairporthotel.com/vans-g … to-cuenca/

Here's a link Tony. I have no affiliation with any of these business's . Take your pick!
Stay Well,
Neil