Expenses and living in JORDAN

Hi Shiela,

I'm GAURAV PANDEY from RAIPUR (Chhattisgarh) INDIA. I got a interview call from Jordan for RETAIL SECTOR. with a very low package 600 JORDAN DINAR. can u plz help me dear for letting me know regarding the expenses and living in JORDAN. The survival temperature and everything. is it easy to live there for us and everything. As I'm married, No KIDS. is it safe to come along with my wife and can she also work there. Plz suggest me dear. as I have no one there to ADVICE will u help for this

Thanks & Regards

Gaurav.

Welcome Gaurav...
Regarding life costs, I think the offer is not that strong, specially if you have to pay for the rent, and most if you will be living in Amman as I think.
a small flat monthly rent would go from 200 - 350 JD. depending on the area.

food is as expensive in other countries. But Indian ingredients here would cost much and I don't think you would find all you want.

clothes, entertainment...etc that depends much on you, and what you look for.

Normally, if you have family here, a house, and you share expensive with family members, then 600 JD would be ok... but you can not save much.

Temperature is ok... for people coming from Karala :P
if you stay in amman then the maximum would get as high as 38 sometimes or maybe 40.
but since I have been living out for the last few years, they tell me if has changed.

You'll survive heat, dont worry... I think you might wanna think about cold weather more when it is winter.
That of course depends on what temperatures you have there in your area.

Best Luck

Hello

I am a Jordanian Citizen and currently living there,

as for your offer it isn't the best offer you can get but its not bad.

it depends on which city you are living in
numbeo.com/cost-of-living/city_result.jsp?country=Jordan&city=Amman
This link will give you an idea about Prices in the Capital of Jordan

its safe to bring your wife and the country is very friendly...
I have a few friends from India how visit me often

Please feel free to direct me a msg if you want to know more

Abed