hello to all filipina married to norwegian !! need help and tips!!

  • Page 1 / 2

#1 30 April 2013 16:08:57

reyura
reyura
Manila

hello to all filipina married to norwegian !! need help and tips!!

paki share nmn po experience nyo getting reunification visa
( spousal visa)..
pwede ba apply din kami d-visa while waiting for the spousal visa?
can we do both? or dapat 1 lng?
june na kasi wedding namin dito sa pinas.

meron sya uncle married to girl from thailand and nkuha nila reunification visa after 17 days lng
kung income nmn nya basehan qualified sya  he also owned a house in aremark..
pwede po ba while applying for that reunion visa apply din kami for D-visa??
plese help.
thanks po

#2 30 April 2013 16:22:58

ECS

Re: hello to all filipina married to norwegian !! need help and tips!!

this is an anglophone forum so you will be able to get more responses if you write in English.

#3 01 May 2013 20:52:31

jazzy851
jazzy851
Bahrain

Re: hello to all filipina married to norwegian !! need help and tips!!

this is an anglophone forum so you will be able to get more responses if you write in English.

:one

#4 07 May 2013 09:04:12

Allanna
Allanna
Christchurch

Re: hello to all filipina married to norwegian !! need help and tips!!

ECS wrote:

this is an anglophone forum so you will be able to get more responses if you write in English.

Is that anything like a Samsung Galaxy??? LMAO

#6 08 May 2013 08:03:41

Allanna
Allanna
Christchurch

Re: hello to all filipina married to norwegian !! need help and tips!!

Aurélie wrote:

:offtopic:

OMG! LOL. You need to lighten up and get a sense of humour. LOL.
How do i become one of "The Team" :)

#7 08 May 2013 08:27:23

stumpy
stumpy
Vientiane

Re: hello to all filipina married to norwegian !! need help and tips!!

Allana
You can only become one of the team when you have proved to the administrators that the quality of your posts have contributed to this forum in a positive way.

#8 09 May 2013 21:42:22

Allanna
Allanna
Christchurch

Re: hello to all filipina married to norwegian !! need help and tips!!

stumpy wrote:

Allana
You can only become one of the team when you have proved to the administrators that the quality of your posts have contributed to this forum in a positive way.

Thanks mate. Not really that keen. Was just having a bit of a go at the "Topic Police" lady with no sense of humour.
Cheers.

#10 02 September 2013 13:09:14

Elsa Rossvoll
Elsa Rossvoll
Pampanga

Re: hello to all filipina married to norwegian !! need help and tips!!

reyura wrote:

paki share nmn po experience nyo getting reunification visa
( spousal visa)..
pwede ba apply din kami d-visa while waiting for the spousal visa?
can we do both? or dapat 1 lng?
june na kasi wedding namin dito sa pinas.

meron sya uncle married to girl from thailand and nkuha nila reunification visa after 17 days lng
kung income nmn nya basehan qualified sya  he also owned a house in aremark..
pwede po ba while applying for that reunion visa apply din kami for D-visa??
plese help.
thanks po

hi, how's your visa application? been married to my norwegian hubby aswell and applied for residence permit, Still waiting for the result :/

#11 11 October 2013 12:17:23

sam_hf
sam_hf
Cavite

Re: hello to all filipina married to norwegian !! need help and tips!!

There's a new rule that you can't apply for a D-visa with a Residence permit for spouses. It says so somewhere in norway.ph. Just check it out.

They discontinued giving D-visas because starting this year (2013), residence permits for spouses and children will be processed in the embassy and will no longer be forwarded to the UDI in Norway, which means shorter processing time. It used to be 6 months but when I asked at the Visa section at the embassy, the processing time now is 2-4 months. I honestly wish it was shorter.

Does anyone know if there is a chance of receiving the visa after less than 2 months?

#12 15 October 2013 02:23:32

Elsa Rossvoll
Elsa Rossvoll
Pampanga

Re: hello to all filipina married to norwegian !! need help and tips!!

sam_hf wrote:

There's a new rule that you can't apply for a D-visa with a Residence permit for spouses. It says so somewhere in norway.ph. Just check it out.

They discontinued giving D-visas because starting this year (2013), residence permits for spouses and children will be processed in the embassy and will no longer be forwarded to the UDI in Norway, which means shorter processing time. It used to be 6 months but when I asked at the Visa section at the embassy, the processing time now is 2-4 months. I honestly wish it was shorter.

Does anyone know if there is a chance of receiving the visa after less than 2 months?

I have applied for a my residence permit same time with type D visa last july, but when we're on the embassy we were adviced to just cancel the type D visa since the processing time of residence visa is shorter. However, in our case, my visa was still sent to UDI for processing for unknown reason and will take up to 6months :( still waiting until now.

#13 15 October 2013 04:49:39

sam_hf
sam_hf
Cavite

Re: hello to all filipina married to norwegian !! need help and tips!!

:( Six months is a long time. I read something from another thread that a Filipina got her residence permit after only a week. I wonder if there's any truth to that. I am completely baffled as to why it would take months for visa to be approved especially if all the necessary documents were supplied.

I submitted mine just last week. Hope it gets approved before the year ends so I can spend the holidays with my husband.

Lykke til to both of us!

#14 15 October 2013 08:45:58

Elsa Rossvoll
Elsa Rossvoll
Pampanga

Re: hello to all filipina married to norwegian !! need help and tips!!

sam_hf wrote:

:( Six months is a long time. I read something from another thread that a Filipina got her residence permit after only a week. I wonder if there's any truth to that. I am completely baffled as to why it would take months for visa to be approved especially if all the necessary documents were supplied.

I submitted mine just last week. Hope it gets approved before the year ends so I can spend the holidays with my husband.

Lykke til to both of us!

Some gets lucky to be granted a visa in short time, if yours will be process in manila it will be shorter than mine, Goodluck :) hopefully i get mine by december also.. btw .. where in norway does your hubby live?

#18 19 October 2013 14:08:03

sam_hf
sam_hf
Cavite

Re: hello to all filipina married to norwegian !! need help and tips!!

Did the Norwegian Embassy in Manila tell you right away that your application was going to be forwarded to UDI or did they contact you after some time?

#19 19 October 2013 14:12:14

Elsa Rossvoll
Elsa Rossvoll
Pampanga

Re: hello to all filipina married to norwegian !! need help and tips!!

sam_hf wrote:

Did the Norwegian Embassy in Manila tell you right away that your application was going to be forwarded to UDI or did they contact you after some time?

They contact me after 2 or 3 weeks I think it was.

#20 19 October 2013 14:15:20

sam_hf
sam_hf
Cavite

Re: hello to all filipina married to norwegian !! need help and tips!!

Oh okay. I've only been waiting for a week and I feel like I'm about to go crazy, lol. I wish they still accepted entry D-visa applications. :( Waiting is hard.

#21 19 October 2013 14:31:45

Elsa Rossvoll
Elsa Rossvoll
Pampanga

Re: hello to all filipina married to norwegian !! need help and tips!!

sam_hf wrote:

Oh okay. I've only been waiting for a week and I feel like I'm about to go crazy, lol. I wish they still accepted entry D-visa applications. :( Waiting is hard.

Same feeling :( pro kung ung residence visa is nsend sa UDI same din sa type d visa .. isesend dn nla dun :( and btw .. my hubby called to UDI last day, 7 months na daw processing time :(

#22 19 October 2013 14:39:51

sam_hf
sam_hf
Cavite

Re: hello to all filipina married to norwegian !! need help and tips!!

I'm really sorry to hear that :( Why are they so slow!!! Uggggghhhhh!!!

It started snowing in Rognan yesterday. Was really hoping I'd be there by this time to witness first snowfall of the year. :( This whole visa waiting time is crushing my dreams. Sigh. :(

Wish there was something we could do to hurry it up. Sana bilisan naman nila kasi mahirap maghintay. (Wish they would hurry it up cause waiting is hard). :(

Last edited by sam_hf (19 October 2013 14:40:34)

#23 19 October 2013 14:45:26

Elsa Rossvoll
Elsa Rossvoll
Pampanga

Re: hello to all filipina married to norwegian !! need help and tips!!

sam_hf wrote:

I'm really sorry to hear that :( Why are they so slow!!! Uggggghhhhh!!!

It started snowing in Rognan yesterday. Was really hoping I'd be there by this time to witness first snowfall of the year. :( This whole visa waiting time is crushing my dreams. Sigh. :(

Wish there was something we could do to hurry it up. Sana bilisan naman nila kasi mahirap maghintay. (Wish they would hurry it up cause waiting is hard). :(

Haha! Same thought ;) in tromsø it started last tuesday, wish i could be there aswell .. but oh well, hanggang sa picture muna ngayon :) update me if ever na makuha mo na visa mo ha .. goodluck :)

#24 19 October 2013 14:49:19

sam_hf
sam_hf
Cavite

Re: hello to all filipina married to norwegian !! need help and tips!!

Yeah it looked really pretty in pictures :D Yes I will update you. Update me as well when you get yours! :)

#26 24 October 2013 09:35:44

sam_hf
sam_hf
Cavite

Re: hello to all filipina married to norwegian !! need help and tips!!

I've just received an email from the Visa Section in Manila saying that my application was forwarded to the UDI. :( </3 I'm very sad. I don't understand why. I've sent an inquiry to the visa section to find out why it had to be sent there. Guess I'm not spending the holidays with my husband. :'(

Last edited by sam_hf (24 October 2013 09:56:52)

#27 24 October 2013 10:05:43

Elsa Rossvoll
Elsa Rossvoll
Pampanga

Re: hello to all filipina married to norwegian !! need help and tips!!

So sorry to hear that :( but yeah, i dont think they will answer why it was sent to UDI since we asked before when mine was sent there and got no explanation.. just be patient .. everything happen has a reason..

#28 30 October 2013 16:34:41

sam_hf
sam_hf
Cavite

Re: hello to all filipina married to norwegian !! need help and tips!!

I emailed the embassy to ask if I can apply for a D-visa since my application for residence permit was sent to the UDI and they said yes!!! :) I am gonna give it a try. If the worst happens and my application for a D-visa is also forwarded to UDI, at least it's only going to take one month. :)

#29 30 October 2013 16:46:56

Elsa Rossvoll
Elsa Rossvoll
Pampanga

Re: hello to all filipina married to norwegian !! need help and tips!!

Ohh .. congrats and goodluck :) good thing they allow u to apply for the type D visa, since as far as i know they no longer process it there .. was surprised here since last august we asked for it and they didnt allow us.. Oh well, everything has a purpose .. good thing i didnt got mine earlier since my mom got sick and passed away last week .. goodluck to you and pls keep me updated :)

#30 30 October 2013 17:00:02

sam_hf
sam_hf
Cavite

Re: hello to all filipina married to norwegian !! need help and tips!!

I'm really sorry to hear that. :( My condolences to you and your family.

Maybe you should try asking again if you can apply for a D-visa and inform them that your application was forwarded to the UDI.

#34 11 November 2013 12:34:27

sam_hf
sam_hf
Cavite

Re: hello to all filipina married to norwegian !! need help and tips!!

Hey I submitted my D visa last week and I received the rejection a day after. Despite that, it wasn't a total waste of time because we found out why our Family Reunification application was sent to the UDI in the first place. Turns out, when the Norwegian spouse enters into a marriage before the age of 25, he has to be interviewed by the UDI in Norway as part of the application process.

We felt bad about the rejection but at least now we have some sort of "closure".

Did you go through with your entry D visa application? :)

#36 27 December 2013 18:31:15

moneque21
moneque21
Cebu

Re: hello to all filipina married to norwegian !! need help and tips!!

thanks for this site soo informative :) and i wish you guys can help me as well. I am married to a 23 year old norwegian and planning ofcourse  to settle down there in norway but the problem is my husband dont have a stable job yet and only working as part time in a kindergarten so im wondering if this will make a big impact on the denial of applying a family reunification or does it matter as long as he have a work and not asking money from nav? and also can you give me some info on what requirements do they need in a visit visa for spouse coz we were planning to do it when i get my passport in january. thank you eceryone and Godbless!

#37 29 December 2013 04:10:54

luismiralles

Re: hello to all filipina married to norwegian !! need help and tips!!

are you connected right now?? i will be arriving to oslo next january the 27th and hope to make friends and meet new people. my name is luis and im from madrid, in spain. thank you darling !

#38 29 December 2013 15:04:02

Elsa Rossvoll
Elsa Rossvoll
Pampanga

Re: hello to all filipina married to norwegian !! need help and tips!!

Reply from my hubby:

If you want to marry in the Philippines and then apply for the "Family Immigration" visa which will allow you as the wife to enter in to the schengen area, stay, work and have (almost) every right as a Norwegian person do there are some requirements to finances indeed.

Basically the norwegian "sponsor", the hubby :), have to have had an income of at least NOK242.440 the previous year and be able to show that he will more then likely earn at least NOK246.136 the following year.
The sponsor can also not have recived any financial SOCIAL support (except housing benefits) from NAV the past 12 months. This is not for "sick leave money" and such, just the NAV social support which is given to those without any income at all, means to survive.

I did a lot of research about these things while working on the visa application for my beloved wifey Elsa, so if there is anything else just feel free to ask.

#39 29 December 2013 18:04:33

moneque21
moneque21
Cebu

Re: hello to all filipina married to norwegian !! need help and tips!!

Elsa Rossvoll wrote:

Reply from my hubby:

If you want to marry in the Philippines and then apply for the "Family Immigration" visa which will allow you as the wife to enter in to the schengen area, stay, work and have (almost) every right as a Norwegian person do there are some requirements to finances indeed.

Basically the norwegian "sponsor", the hubby :), have to have had an income of at least NOK242.440 the previous year and be able to show that he will more then likely earn at least NOK246.136 the following year.
The sponsor can also not have recived any financial SOCIAL support (except housing benefits) from NAV the past 12 months. This is not for "sick leave money" and such, just the NAV social support which is given to those without any income at all, means to survive.

I did a lot of research about these things while working on the visa application for my beloved wifey Elsa, so if there is anything else just feel free to ask.

ohh i see :( yeah i guess for now it would be unlikely for us to go for family immigration/reunification since my husband is only working part time and he is still 23 y.o :(. But we are thinking about the schengenvisa/visit visa for 90 days for now do you have any idea about the requirements or documents that he needs to show to guarantee my stay and is it possible if his whole family will guarantee? and how much is the minimum amount he should have in the bank to guarantee? we actually researched some of it but just trying to have some extra infos that might help :) and thank you for the info :)

#40 29 December 2013 18:40:39

Elsa Rossvoll
Elsa Rossvoll
Pampanga

Re: hello to all filipina married to norwegian !! need help and tips!!

Hi again! :)

Sorry to hear about the family reunion visa being out of reach at this time, however, the amount required isn't really that high for Norway.
So once he get a 100% position somewhere it will be covered I'm sure.
Until then, take your times with tourists visa, learn the language, learn the culture.
Thats a VERY(!!) big plus for when you apply for the family reunion visa.
The thing is now that family reunion visas can be processed at the embassy in Manila instead of being sent to UDI in Oslo.
This has caused the process time to drop from total 2-15months to 2-3weeks.
Some cases still go to UDI though, but the really clear cases will be processed in Manila.

The tourist visa/C-Visa Im not too familiar with Im afraid.
I know there are some things that will help get the visa granted:
- Someone with a stable income (salary or pension) does the gurantee form (your hubbys father or mother for example).
- If you have a job in Philippines, get a letter from your boss stating where you work, how long you worked there and that you are given vacation time during your stay in Norway and that you will return to your position when your back in the Philippines.

The last part is really to show the embassy that process the visa application that your going to Norway for a vacation and you have all intents of coming back to Philippines afterwards.

  • Page 1 / 2

3 members online in the Philippines

Expatriate health insurance Manila
Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Manila.
>> Click here
Expat banking Manila
Discover the benefits of expat banking for people living and working abroad.
>> Click here
Moving to Manila
A few tips from professionals about moving to Manila.
>> Click here
Travel insurance Manila
Don't worry and travel happy across Manila.
>> Click here