Latin Fuego Evening Dances: Interested in Salsa, jive, Bachacha, etc?

If you are bored on the weekends and want to meet new people, make friends and learn new dances such as salsa, Bacha-cha and other similar dances, you should stop by Jazzville Bar which is a popular upscale restaurant and is perfect for unwinding after a hard day's work. For those who love Jazz, this is the perfect hang-out for you. On Tuesdays, they have contemporary jazz night featuring a live band and on Thursdays, the Acoustic Jazz Night.

I am a fan of their Latin Fuego Evening Dances which takes place every Sunday evening from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.  One can learn new dance moves organized by Next Step, a dancing company for a nominal fee (2000 Uganda Shillings). For those who are interested in lessons, Next Step charges 10,000 Uganda Shillings per session which is usually one hour from 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.

In my opinion, you might not need to pay for those lessons if you stick around for the social dancing which begins at 8:00 p.m. and ends at 9:30 p.m. This is a perfect opportunity to learn and dance with the experts who can correct you if you make any misstep. It is also a great opportunity to network and make friends. I have made several friends since I started attending the dances.

The dances are not only restricted to salsa. For example the week before, we learnt Kizomba, a romantic Angolan dance. Last evening, we started learning Jive which is a fun dance but very hard to learn. I probably will need two weeks to grasp the dance technique without getting confused.

If you any questions or require more information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sounds fun, where exactly is Jazzville Bar?

Jazzville bar and restaurant is in Bugolobi Kampala. If you are using public transport, you take the taxis going to Luzira and get off at the Bugolobi stage near Nakumatt supermarket. Cross the road leading to the Bugolobi market and walk untill you come to an intersection and make a right. Stay on the road until you come across the sign post with Jazzville Bar and Restaurant.

If you using private means of transportation, take the road that leads you to Meat Packers and stay on it untill you reach Nakumatt Supermarket at Bugolobi. Follow directions above. Alternatively, you can contact me.

hello Lizette.Thanks for the info. I will be so interested,plz get bac to me. Thank u

Hello dimpledeep,

I just saw your message. Regarding Latin Fuego dance, as I mentioned earlier it is on Sundays at Jazzville in Bugolobi.
I am not sure how long you have been in Uganda but to get to Jazzville, you take the road leading to Meat packers and then after Nakumatt make a right. Instead of taking the road to Bugolobi flats you make another right and go all the way until you come across the Jazzville sign post on your right. You can also call me on 0718620046 if the above directions are confusing.

Private lessons start from 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. These cost 10,000 Ush for one hour and are taught by Musa who is a great salsa dancer. Group lessons also taught by Musa start from 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. and are for 2000 Ush.  Social dancing which is my favourite session starts from 8:00 p.m. It is a good opportunity to dance with the salsa experts.

I forgot to mention that on Wednesdays at Boda Boda (Garden City Mall), they have salsa night from 7:00 onwards. I have not yet attended these dances but the reviews have been good.

I am not sure whether you are at the beginner,  intermediate or Advanced level but whatever stage you are at, you can easily pick up the dance moves.

Let me know whether you need any more information.

Regards,
Rita