A DAY IN THE LIFE

OMG Planner!
Good thing you were not packing.
Get well soon & good luck in court, if
that really happens.
I feel really sorry for you.
Whenever that happens to me, I just go through the red.
If it's clear, of course.

Wow planner sorry to hear about your incident.....I'm surprised the driver would act so violently towards a foreign woman, was he under the influence? You really took a risk planner by getting out of your car, you could have been set up for a carjacking, it is the typical MO used here for stealing cars. The best is to call 911 or yell for help, but never get out. I guess 10 years + without an incident in DR no longer applies  :( get well soon and glad you are safe.

Try www.diamondcard.us.  They are a voip service. Been around about 13 years. And you can recharge locally too.

Oh dear, only got the end of this discussion....Planner not sure what happened but it doesn't sound good...How do I go back to the beginning of this to see what happened and learn from it? Thanks all...

Planner be well and safe....You are in our thoughts!

A spell has been sent to the bad dude.  He will not be well for long.  Something about his kidneys I hear.  Take heart dear Planner, the Romany are with you.

Planner how are you doing?  Head healing?  Emotions healing?  Asshole in jail?

Bob K

Head is good,  Emotions are fine (as always LOL)  not in jail but paid BIG money to get out......

Work carries on -  we went to Puerto Plata Thursday afternoon, our Combine arrived and we had to get it out of customs!!! THEN the adventure began.  Combine needs to sit on a 14 foot wide  low boy for transporting from north coast to south coast then to the farm.  Long story about why that port.......

Combine is the largest one in the country at this point.  :)

So we had to find a 12 foot wide with extensions, then figure out a solution............  low boy left at  noon from Puerto Plata,  arrived at the farm at  8:35 pm........ then about an hour to get it OFF the low boy. We took everyone to the local colmado for a beer afterwards......   We had two employees scheduled to help us,  and 10 showed up!!!  WE have a great bunch of guys working with us! 

Back to La Romana at  11:30 pm.........  A very long 2 days.......... thank goodness the headache is mostly gone....LOL

My photos are too dark but others have better ones, will try to get some and post.

Sounds like lots of work and that you are enjoying it

Glad you are feeling better.

Bob K

I am Bob. If you told me a year ago I would be doing this and ENJOYING it so much I  would have thought you were nuts.

We are now cranking up the Biodiesel operation as well!!!!!   That is a whole other animal!!!! 

In case anyone knows anyone in the La Romana area or anyone willing to relocate:

I am looking for a bilingual personal assistant - male.
I am looking for  4 staff to work in the biodiesel facility.
I am looking for a biodiesel production manager.   

Anyone can contact me here by private message.  And yes, I will put the jobs on the classified page.

Well Planner, you seem to have bounced back from your attack
with a vengence! Good for you!
So you are almost harvesting what?
I am sure it was quite an experience hauling your combine
down the highways!
Good luck & get better, although your poorly veiled excitement
suggests you are better!

Heck yes, it was a push not really anything else.  So, I got over it quickly.... he might not but I am.

It was pretty cool to see the faces of people watching this combine going down the highway on that lowboy!  And you had to see the faces of the workers when we were figuring out how to get it the heck off the truck!!! 

It was very cool.

Planner as usual you are amazing! You are so resilient. Have the large equipment here when the local Mennonites had rented out our former property, it was amazing to see here but can imagine the wonder was ever greater there! Good success to all of you!

Now we need a picture of you driving the beast :D:D

Bob K

Bob, we all know Planner is 1 special lady,
but driving a combine ain't too easy! :)

I am gonna learn boys and I will get you a photo!  It really is quite amazing to me, all this equipment.  WE have a John Deere tractor torn apart and they are "fixing" it.  Dominican ability to fix anything astounds me.........

Yep all they need is the universal tool the Machete, some bailing wire, duct tape maybe a hammer or rock.  With this they can fix anything.

Bob K

I am told it is the transmission they are repairing,  whole machine is in pieces, its very cool.

I'm impressed!

Transmissions are quite complicated. There better
be 1 person who is really qualified.
Bueno suarte! :)

Ok it is official. Summer is here.  The pool was warm enough to get in for the first time since mid November.  Pool temp made it to 86 today.  Yippeeee summer is here!

Bob K

Wooooo hoooooo  Bob!!!

Ok so here I am freezing my ass off in Hackensack NJ missing home and only gone for one day.... go figure.

Eye doc visit this morning then some shopping.  I will be totally nuts by next Friday when I get home.

Bob K

Oh poor Bob,  make the best of it honey!

At least, there is no more snow !! :)

Too bad for you Bob!
I'm really sorry.
I heard there was a cold front moving down from Quebec.
bueno suarte chum!

Actually 41 F  right now a couple of degrees less and it could be snowing.  :(

Bob K

Oh my goodness Bob, that is cruel!

Especially in shorts, tee shirt and crocs :D:D:D:D

Bob K

I am sorry to hear what happened with the guy who hit you in the back of your car

Thanks all good now. 

Well round two of dental surgery on Friday.  I had IV Sedation (I don't freeze), another almost 5 hours..... I don't remember much about going home but damn I slept well after......

Another root canal, one permanent cap and one temporary and they opened the implant and took the molds.  Next week two final permanent caps and I am done.

I slept a lot yesterday, worked last night and this morning and now chilling...... it's been quite the weekend......

You will practically have a "bionic" mouth!

I deeply mourn the untimely & all too rapid demise of the good things in the DR thread.   I guess it is the nature of many to bitch, complain & whine about everything from the traffic to piss poor service.   I don't understand it, if things are so bad here why these folk stay in the DR.   Give me an optimist over a pessimist anytime.   Too bad you all ran out of the joyful things in life.   All that is really necessary in life is food, shelter, medical care if required, family & friends.   Most of all, we all need lots of love.   Do we really need a lot of "things",  a taste of "home" when our home happens to be  here in the DR?   If you can afford to live an up scale life, don't compare it to how it is back "home".   You are living here, get on with your life!   At least you are not trying to cross Donner's Pass or fighting off the Apaches.   Let's get back to the good stuff in the DR, please.

Well good stuff Gypsy - excellent dental care at a good price!!!! And everyone wanting to make sure I am taken care of! I love the sense of community.

How much does an implant here and a crown cost? Is it a titanium implant?

Costs -  I will get that for you,  mine includes sedation and my insurance pays  about 1/2 of it all.  I will figure it out.  Titanium - no idea. Included a bone graft and stuff is all I know, but that was done the first time.  This time was much much easier.

whatever the cost is in the DR it will be cheaper than in the US !! I am about to have dental surgery as well, also a 5 hr surgery, an all-in four implant procedure.. cost: ready? $24,123.00 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!it is insane ! I wish I could have waited and have the procedure done in the DR but cannot wait 2 more years.

Wow I know my  IV sedation was  30,000RD - cost depends on time you are knocked out.  Both times was between  4 and 5 hours.   

Root canal  12,000 RD.   I need to look up the others.

Crowns  32,000 each. ( getting  or gotten  3)

Implant   first stage  25,000RD   
Implant activation     4,500 RD

What are they implanting? If it's metal, you might pick up radio in your head. That's why I asked about titanium. Crowns in Thailand used to be about $200. Now I think they are closer to $300-$400 USD. In the US they are like $1500 and that was years ago.

Hmmmmm.
The above is reason above why I chose
to get false teeth when I was 30 years old.
Replaced once 25 years ago for $900. Cdn.
They are still working great!
Haven't regretted it for 1 second!
The only thing I can't chew down is apple peels! :)
Have a great DR dias!