A DAY IN THE LIFE

Good to know guys thanks, will look it up on the map.

You will need a very new map as it was just completed about 6 months ago.  So most maps wont show it.  Google maps probably shows it under construction.

Bob K

OUr maps are badly out of date........that is pretty much normal....LOL

I am waiting at the airport for the first silver bird (two total) to bring me home to the WARM DR.  It is freezing here even in Florida and my DR blood can't take it any more.

Home late today..... Yipppeeee!!!!

Bob k

lucky you!   30 deg at 7 am. here in orange city Fl.

Can't imagine it.....I am chilly here now in the evenings....

Just landed....ahhhh warm again

Bob K

Welcome home!

I wish I was on the North Coast tonight.

Great  night last night on Pedro Clisante street.  Road closed to traffic, restaurant and bar tables on the street, great live music and great time with friends.

Bob K

Now that is a welcome home Bob!!!

Saturday and now Friday nights get better and better in town.  Live music both nights.

Bob K

Today I finally took a full day off.  LOL.  Right, I slept till 7, had coffee, watched the news, then got the laundry done,  finally finished unpacking the last of my boxes, and cleaned my apartment.....

Since noon I have been relaxing! Yayyyyy.

Later, I will walk to the restaurant around the corner and have some dinner..... 4 blocks away is the beach may go hang out for an hour and meet some locals.....

Sounds like a good day to me.
I am stuck unpacking (3 suitcases of 70 pounds each) from yesterday's homecoming.  Can't believe the amount of stuff I have and the scary part is Pat comes home Wednesday and she too has 3 suitcases of stuff.

Bob K

Wow!!!! You went shopping!!!

what kind of stuff & how much was the duty?  glad your back.  will make every effort to get together in the spring when I come down.   electric bike is interesting, still learning its' capabilities.  just can't carry much on it.

Pretty sure he just collected his luggage and walked it through customs at the airport.....

Yep had lot of stuff and glad customs did not stop me.  Household good mostly this time.  Last time lots of auto parts.  I have a porter that meets me and just walks me past the custom folks.  Works every time.  Well worth the 250 pesos I give him.

Bob K

Just as I thought! It works well to use a porter!!!

I used one a year a go and he walked me to the customs agent never again!

Really unusual, normally they are waved through!!!  Sorry to hear of your experience.

Sorry to hear about that. Usually with a porter you walk right on through.  Best 200 pesos or so you will ever spend.

Bob K

Ok enough of the cold and rain. It has been two solid days of cold, clouds and showers all day long.  My now new infinity pool does not need any more water and I need to get to the BEACH tomorrow.....Ugh.

Bob K

Oh yes, but it was Punta Cana they seemed to be more strict. It was Christmas and they let me through. It has been a crazy year can wait to be back in the sun in Santo Domingo

I have a friend who wants to volunteer in the city do any one know where would be a good spot for her during Christmas?

That will be tough to set up at this late date.  If they are in the Colonial ZOne,  Padela (dog rescue) is always looking for help but I don;t know their holiday hours.

Maybe just helping the street kids would be the best. A dog rescue place must be ver busy in the city lol.

This person may not be welcome to just "help" the street kids.  If they do not know what to do, how to help they may do more harm then good. It isn't just that simple. And do they speak Spanish? Many of the street kids are Haitian and that is a whole other issue.

I know it would be just simple things. I live in Santo Domingo este I truly understand the difference in Haitian and Dominican but is an experience for her, I guess?

Maybe but at what cost?  Sometimes help does more harm then good!!!

Time for an update:

I continue to work very very hard and I am enjoying it every single day.  I learn something new - normally I would say daily, but lately by the hour......LOL

The owner left on  MOnday morning early to go back to the USA for Christmas, normally that means things slow down, but not this time. Worked my butt off Monday so that Tuesday I could go to the DREADED dentist. 

This time not so bad. As I do not freeze I have to have general anesthetic - yup knock my butt out. I had everything done at once.  So a root canal and temporary cap on one side,  Implant on the other.  5 hours in the chair.  Yesterday I was in some pain, got some good meds. 

I slept well (thank you drugs) and today I woke at 6 as I don't seem able to sleep late.  I had more sleep yesterday and overnight then I have in ages.

Today I am achey but the pain is returning - not as bad though. TIme for more meds..... 

Dentist was excellent,  Francesca speaks English perfectly which helps a LOT.  She specializes in  root canals and her associate does the implants.  She has a working relationship with the anesthesiologist too.  Her practice is very modern and clean.  I am very afraid of dentists and she was awesome with me.

Cost was very very reasonable in my opinion!   It was overall a very good, very modern experience. 

Now I work a bit,  sleep a bit....LOL And on a liquid and soft food diet for the next few days!  good for the waste but no Christmas dinner for me.

It is called "better living through pharmacology"  Feel better and Happy Holidays

Bob K

Thanks Bob. You too Merry Christmas.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to every one on the forum and am finally down in paradise and out of the cold weather of the great white North (Canada).And Especially to Planner and Bob for all your awesome advise and help on this forum.
Thanks Rigger

The very same to you honey!!!

Rigger Happy holidays to you as well.

Bob K

Merry Christmas to everyone here! I wish you joy, peace and lots of turkey!!!

The bird is in the slow cooker as we speak.

Bob K

NICE!!!!

It was VERY VERY good.

Bob K