My place if work is in Chalandri

Hi everyone, 
I am moving to Athens in August but looking into housing now.  My place of work is in Chalandri and they have kindly offered to help with finding an apartment.  I have travelled to Athens several times and am a bit worried about signing a lease somewhere in the suburbs.  I want to be close to "the action" as it were: shops, yoga, restaurants, music, bars,etc. 
And I have a small dog. 
Where would you all recommend living, under 500 euros a month, single girl with dog?
Thanks!

Hello  Luna.

You can easily found a 1 bedroom appartment in Chalandri with 500€.
Chalandri is a nice and safe area to live, a lot of restaurants, bars (nightlife) and shops (clothes, shoes music etc) In the centre of Chalandri parking is an issue and there is a lot of traffic during the peak hours.

Ask your company to pay for an agent to support you with the lease, or even better one coworker to support you with the area/landlord issues.

cheers
Stelios

Hey Luna. I live as a expat in Halandri. Lots of bar and nightlife- thats nice. Not a big expat community though but looking forward to see u here!

Hi Stelios,
Thanks for your reply.  I'm on xe.gr and not having much luck yet, but it's good to know that the area is not too sedate. I have a preconceived notion of "suburb",I suppose, good to know that Halandri doesn't fit it. 

I'll post again if I get any strong leads...

Cheers,

Luna

Hi Barthodk,

Thanks for responding.  There may be one more expat coming to Halandri, then!  I'm also looking at Holargos.  (Interesting that sometimes these boroughs are spelled in English with a "Ch" and sometimes not.)

I'll be sure to update; I'm getting so excited!

Thanks,
Luna

No worries. But I'd go for chalandri if I were u.
Take care

Halandri is great!!!

Full of life and a lot of bars, cafeteriaw, a lot of places to go out and for shopping!

Thanks Sofia,
Landed in Agia Paraskevi, but still looking to head more downtown.
:)