Insane schools' tuition! Is your kid getting 20 K USD-worth education?

Expats-with-kids help needed!
My kids' beloved small-sized international school is under the threat of closure next year because of the recent reforms.
I'm now considering sending them to either the American or British Internation School, provided they have places for them.
My question is, are they really delivering high quality education?  Are they teaching the kids any different? Are their teachers and resources any different from the rest of the schools out there?
They're charging more than the average college/university in the US!  Is that acceptable, or am I missing something.

Help!

The prices are horrible but it's all about supply and demand :(

For the cost, no I would think the lessons are not equal to the cost. But I cannot say from personal experience. While I did research the schools and have talked to people who sent their kids there (and hated it), my kids go to a small school, and we pay 2200 SAR a month per child for a wonderful education (the same they would get if we were home).

Alliecat is right, it is all supply and demand for most schools here. You may be better off using an accredited homeschooling program from the US. It would be much cheaper and you can tailor lessons to kids interests or hire tutors for subjects you are not comfortable with (and some programs have online chats with available teachers).

Allicat, you're right! But, they should have some mercy! :)
Afterall they are out their to educate poepl and serving US citizens living abroad should be on their list of priorities, I HOPE :(

Xenolol; My kids are in a small school that I'm happy with but will be massively affected by the recent turn of events exerted by the Ministry of Labour.
I would've opted to home-school, but I work! And even if I stayed-home, I believe that living in Saudi Arabia is not the right environment to home-school.  There are very few and limited outdoors activities for the kids, we'll end-up driving each other crazy :)

amegy wrote:

Allicat, you're right! But, they should have some mercy! :)
Afterall they are out their to educate poepl and serving US citizens living abroad should be on their list of priorities, I HOPE :(

You're right, in the idealistic sense.  Unfortunately, however, education has become a business, and making money is a primary goal.