I'm looking for friends who speak English in SP!

Hi Lenass ;)

I speak English, and would love to find someone to practice Portuguese with.  How's that for a good match?  I will arrive in Sao Paulo on December 13, and will be there for 4 days, before travelling to Rio and points north.  I will be staying at the Paulistana Gardens Hotel in SP for the first 2 days.  I'm also posting on the Forum tonight, where you will find more details.

Thanks!
Keith Willmarth
Tucson, Arizona, USA

My friend and I will travel to Rio on Dec. 27-Jan 6. Was wondering if you know a place where we could stay? The hotels are very expensive. Hope to hear from you soon. Thank you.

If you find the hotels too expensive you might want to consider staying in a hostel.

Google lists a few of them that you may want to contact for more information or booking:

https://www.google.com/search?q=hostels … 3&ie=UTF-8

Cheers,
William James Woodward, Brazil & Canada Expert, Expat-blog Team

Hi. I'm srinivans.I am 25 years old. From Hyderabad. Completed MCA (Matser Of Computer Applications).  I'm doing job in Chennai. I would like to live in Brazil. could you help me to how the process?. I know Portuguese language also. If you know anything else. please send me a message to this E-mail address : [email protected]

Hi people, I am looking to visit sao paulo next month, so looking to make some english speaking friends there.

Hey,

I am from India and moved to Sap paulo 2 months back.

I can speak good english and also sabe poccu Portuguese.. lol.

You can get in touch with me on my email [email protected] if you want.

Regards,
Saurabh

Hello there:

Visiting SP  in a few months , wondering if English is widely understood or if its even dangerous to speak as you might even be "the mark" for  price jack ups and other unhelpful games...?

Supriya, I r u still in Sao Paulo.
Sent an on ur gmail id as well.

So you only here two months ago.... I can speak English and Portuguese a little I live here in Sao Paulo more than 6 years

Hello I am from I India I speak in English but I want to learn pourtgees also I want to know more about Brazil culture and all

matt39nyc wrote:

Hello there:

Visiting SP  in a few months , wondering if English is widely understood or if its even dangerous to speak as you might even be "the mark" for  price jack ups and other unhelpful games...?

You'll be hard pressed to find any English speakers in Brazil, not even in the workplace. There are only two kinds of English spoken here - NONE and NEXT TO NONE. Really!

Yes, speaking English sometimes can make you a "mark", you will find that you will tend to get charged higher prices for almost everything if you don't speak Portuguese and haven't learned the fine art of haggling over prices which is a big part of the Brazilian culture. Like they say here... "Quem não chora não mama". (He who doesn't cry doesn't get breast fed).

Cheers,
William James Woodward, EB Experts Team

Hello friends,

I'm Leonardo Duarte.
I'm Brazilian I'm looking to make new friends.

Hi...I am Shahab and i live in Sao Paulo Sp near Butanta.And i do speak english cause i am from Los Angeles.So if you need any type of help i am here for you...

Hi shahab, I am farooq from peshawar pakistan. I am currently in netherlands and will be arriving sao paulo at the end of february. It will be great to meet fellow pakistani brothers there in sao paulo. Send me your email address. If you want to meet up.

Shahab khan775 wrote:

Hi...I am Shahab and i live in Sao Paulo Sp near Butanta.And i do speak english cause i am from Los Angeles.So if you need any type of help i am here for you...

reply to me if interested.

by the way having spent more than 6 years in london i can safely say that i can teach english to anyone who is interested to learn this language. when i come to sao paulo i will start teaching english for free. because i think in this way i will be able to make local brazilian friends quickly and in turn i will be able to learn the portuguese language from them. Anyway cant wait to come to brasil.

AOA....Sure brother my email is [email protected]

Hi I am faisal from sao paulo how are you sweet friend I read your msg so reply you

Faisal
+ 5511977964596

Hi I am faisal from brazil I read your msg so dend you reply I am every time use whatsapp viber line messenger come on + 5511977964596
[email protected]

Hi! Im looking for some pinoy or pinay here in sp..because it really hard to understand portugese language..

sarah rasco wrote:

Hi! Im looking for some pinoy or pinay here in sp..because it really hard to understand portugese language..

Hi Sara,

Portuguese isn't all that difficult if you learn the tips and tricks to facilitate learning it.

The following posting will help you greatly.... it's full of important stuff beginning to end, so don't miss a bit of it.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=151289

Cheers,
James     Expat-blog Experts Team

A.O.A,  I read your message you send me.I am Shahab i saved your number but u'r not on what'sapp so u can either text me or add me my number is +5511943394909 thanks...

Hi sure u can either e mail me or call me on skype

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Sharing of personal contact infos on the forum not allowed. You may use our private message system for that

Hi. How are you. I am english speaking person . I also want to learn português . I am living in sao paulo centro Se.

Hi. How are you. I am english speaking person . I also want to learn português . I am living in sao paulo centro Se.

hi Lana,

have a nice day, this will be good to make a group of english speaking persons.
i am also learning the portuguese . so we can contact to learn and help out each others.
thank you.

Dr.Hussain

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : do not post personal contact details here for your own security

drHussain,

Please do not post contact information (telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, etc.) in the open forum.

Regards,
James   Expat-blog Experts Team

hi every body.I'm realy happy because of having a lot of good friends in 'expat.com'

I realy agree with having a group to practice english speaking.but please help me because I don't know even 1 word about portuguese

I love brazil :lol:

Hi,

I'm new to Sao Paulo (7 weeks!) and I'm looking for female friends who speak both English and Portuguese.

Please contact me if you'd like to go for a coffee or something!

Thanks,
Lindsay

Hello. Are you only looking for female friends or could be male as well?

Hi. I can help you. My contact # ***. i live near to USP. And i'm native English teacher.

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Hi everybody,

This thread is an old and outdated one.
We are therefore closing it.

Please feel free to open new threads if you wish to discuss on expatriation.

Cheers,
Priscilla

[ Topic closed ]

Closed