Searching for Car Hire at Competative Rates!

Hi - I am currently hiring a car at a cost of Rs21,000 which in my mind is hugely expensive given that it has no central locking or electric windows and is the size of a match box (although the size is fine - I don't want a big car).

I have heard of a lot of people who are renting cars for Rs15,000-RS17,000 and I want to find myself that kind of deal.  I am living in the North and I'm here for another 9 months but more than likely for another year after that and so really want to try and get value for money when it comes to my car hire.

Please message me if you can recommend someone or if in fact you are a hire company and you can do me a good deal.

Thanks

Hi

Please contact Endeavour Car Rental speak to Mr Ramlagun . tel 2540635. Let them know Mr Rajiv Dabedeen gave you the number.

Regards
Rajiv

Hi Islander17!

Maybe you might want to have a look at the Car rental section of the Mauritius Business Directory.
It might help.

Regards
Armand

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum please]

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum please]

[moderated: Please post your recommendation in the Mauritius business directory; Car rental in Mauritius section. Thanks.]

Hi all i got the feeling that Expat.com is becoming only business may be administrator will stop this talk?where is julien?thanks

Hi we've recently moved to Mauritius. I'm wondering did you have any luck getting cheaper car rental? Cheers, Fiona

Hello feemauritius.

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Thanks

Karen :)

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum.]

Hi,

Welcome.

I am renting a Nissan March 2006 automatic, and am going over seas for a few months.  Let me know if you want to rent it per month for 14,000Rs and I will ask the owner. I have been renting it for 6 months and it has been great for me. Its blue.

Everything is included by the owner as its a private rental, maintenance, tax, insurance, etc. 

Cheers

Ed

Hi wow that's expensive for a private rental.My colleague renting Nissan March automatic 2009 for only Rs12,000.Cheers

[moderated: no free ad. Pls post in the business directory]

Hi, I pay 13000 rs per month for my 2004 nissan march.  The guy I rent from did have another car which was newer so it would be more than I pay - but let me know if you want his number.

Hi there,

Can I grab your car guy's details, I am interested in this type of car.

Adrian

5421 1711

Thanks!!

Sorry it's so late Adrian.  I have sms'd you the numbers.  Good luck

[no advertisement, thanks]

any more nissan march left . I need only one.

I know I pay over the odds for my car from a big Rental Company here in Mauritius and have been looking around for a cheaper rent but after a few "experiences" , I have now decided to buy one, as the resale is good and for what I have paid for the last 3 years renting I could have bought a nice little runaround ;)

My recent experience of looking to rent a car, were a bit worrying, I went to meet a guy with 2 cars for rental, looked nice enough but one had 3 bald tyres and was badly dented.
The 2nd had 2 bald tyres, a broken door handle and no rubber in the windscreen wipers.

I know I could have got the repair work done but why should I when I was going to rent from him for 17,000 per month.

The 3rd experience was a "private" car as the guy was going away for 6 months, cost was 12,000 - great I thought, but it clearly had not been looked after, and then I was told by a friend who has been here over 20 years that I should not rent a "private" car and that it is illegal, something to do with the Insurance apparently.

I don't know if this is true,but after a few more similar experiences I decided that buying was a better option.

My friend recently got a bank loan to buy her car over 2 years and her loan repayment is much less than what she used to pay renting a car .

Just be careful, after all it's your life and safety ;)

Good luck

dev27 wrote:

Hi there is one available, kindly let me know where are you leaving and for how long you will need a car.you may write on [email protected]

thanks for an offer. But I already got a quite good deal for Chevy Aveo 2012 so i will stick with it.

Hello people

You all seem to focus on price only. (No, I'm not into rental business). There is a price difference from authorised car rental companies and individuals who are just renting out their personal car, obvious. However, have you (or do you consider important) renting with full security and insurance cover?  Do you check the insurance cover of people renting at cheap prices - mostly those who are not authorized to do so?  What is your liability in case of accident or theft of car?

Just my two pence ...