Orthodox Easter is coming!

Orthodox Easter is on 5th of May. Any of Russian speakers or people following Orthodox Christianity are planning to do any celebration?

I think it is a good idea. I suggest to go the Orthodox church - I have never been there - I might as well do that for Easter.

I've heard about Church, which is located near Port Louis. So far I wish to come. I'm sure there will be a lot of "Russians" :)

I am actually interested in doing that. I used to have a Bulgarian roommate. I think she once attended this church with her country mates. We will come together with my wife.

So far I'm planning to come.

Hi! I'm new here. Searched for information about the Orthodox Easter in Mauritius. Found this forum and very glad)) Finally, I can find here compatriots. Really want to go to the service on Sunday.
Please confirm, church address this?
Orthodox church
Temple Lane
G.R.N.W
From 9:00?

Hello Olga! Welcome to the forum :) Yes, it's the same address. Hope you will enjoy the service and will meet many Russian speaking people over there. Христос Воскрес!

Orthodox church
Temple Lane
G.R.N.W
(It is on the Royal road to Port Louis behind the Garage Bala)

There is service this Sunday at 9:00-10:30.

Воистину воскресе!

Христос Воскрес

Воистину воскрес!

NadiaM wrote:

Orthodox Easter is on 5th of May. Any of Russian speakers or people following Orthodox Christianity are planning to do any celebration?

Nadia hi,

Sorry, only saw your message now. We had a big celebration at Russian Hut - A Piece Of Russia In Mauritius in the North after the Church ceremony. There is only one Orthodox CHurch on the Island and the good news are that they plan to have regular services soon. So far, the priest woulr only come a couple of times during the year (Christmas and Easter).

If you have any questions feel free to contact through the private message.

Best regards,
Anton

Happy Victory Day by the way to everyone! :D

Anton wrote:
NadiaM wrote:

Nadia hi,

Sorry, only saw your message now. We had a big celebration at Russian Hut - A Piece Of Russia In Mauritius in the North after the Church ceremony. There is only one Orthodox CHurch on the Island and the good news are that they plan to have regular services soon. So far, the priest woulr only come a couple of times during the year (Christmas and Easter).

If you have any questions feel free to contact through the private message.

Best regards,
Anton

Hello to everyone
does anyone know if the things changed since last year or there is stil just Easter and Christmas celebrations for Orthodox people on Mauritius?