Satalitte

Hi All,
      As you all know most of the bars in Manama have access to Sky Sports. Does anyone know how to get the same service for a residential property and what I'd need to do to set it up.

Thanks
Chris

I actually don't think they show Sky Sports, but they rather have subscription to OSN which shows a lot of sports events, including the ones that are shown on Sky.

If you still pay for sky in the UK you can use VPN and get sky go on your pc. Also filmon.com is good

Thanks for the replies, sorted it out by getting a Viva mobile broadband connection and changing the DNS settings via unotelly. I can now get get Sky Go at a really good speed which I couldn't get via VPN.

Thanks
Chris

Excellent news - glad you are sorted

I've heard of Unotelly before and apparently the service is amazing. I am just waiting for my current VPN subscription to run out and as soon as it's finished, I am switching to Unotelly.

Brightonguy they have been brilliant and took me through a load of steps to get through it, apparently Batelco have blocked any DNS rerouting hence the need for mobile broadband but doing it that way you don't get any drops in speed as you do with VPN, would def recommend them

Menatelecom is brilliant internet - 9mb per second, unlimited broadband and doesn't block anything when I put my free VPN software on.

Will have a look at that, Viva don't do unlimited so will probably swap to menatel, where's the best place to get it Jo and do they do prepaid?

They do pre paid but not for unlimited. Country Mall has a shop there.

Thanks to all that have shared information here....  I'm new here, and appreciate all the effort that goes into a forum.  I'm a baby blogger, having just recently started one.  We are living in Dubai right now, just me and my husband.  But moving to Bahrain most rickey-tick!

I noticed OSN mentioned as a satellite service provider - anyone have a love/hate comment about their service or prices?  We bought their super duper DVR box with some special sports card..... husband is wondering about service and personal experiences.

We're also trying to sort out mobile and internet - menatelecom sure sounds great - but husband is wondering if any of his peripheral "toys" will work with it??  We're not familiar with this type of setup at all, though, and wading through their site is a handful.

Again, thanks to all for knowledge shared, it's greatly appreciated, and we will certainly pay it along as we can!

Hi
I am hoping you can help. I am an OSN customer. I have a showbox which allows me to record any channel and watch it at my leisure.
I am looking at moving to another apartment building and they don't allow OSN dishes. Their provider is Nuetel and apparently the delivery does not allow for the programmes to be recorded. Do you know of anyway I can record programmes and watch them later? I don't necessarily have to record them. I just want to watch them when it suits me. I thought watching them on the computer may be the answer but I am not sure how to go about that.

Here's hoping you can help. Thank you.

Not to sure what u want but if u want to watch anyth ing from the us or uk its pretty simple if u get the right connections, i use unotelly amd its flipping great

Thanks for this Chrispc

Everything I read about Unotelly sounds good. Unfortunately I have spent so long trying to open accounts today I could cry. I have finally got a Unotelly account but now I am having so much trouble with Hulu+ trying to access their library. I am currently stuck because it says I have the wrong password. I have re-set it 3 times now but...
In the meantime, there is something I would like to be able to get is Livestream for the Aussie rugby league but Unotelly doesn't appear to carry that. Does anyone know how I can get that in Bahrain?
Thanks
Bobby Blue

Things are not going smoothly. My email stopped going anywhere. Entropay have taken money out of my credit card and then suspended my account because my email address and my credit cards have come from different countries. Meanwhile, my credit card was declined locally because Citibank were suspicious of the money going out to Entropay.
I would love it if someone could offer advice to get me through this. I am sure unotelly will be good once I get it up and running.

Have you tried getting in touch with the customer service of Unotelly? They're pretty helpful in such issues.