Moving to Col./ finding work/ jobs for English speakers

Answering a message I received.

Dont know about severing ties with Canada. I have an address in Can. at a cousins who handles my mail. For logistics, I needed that so I could have my mail sent somewhere and handled. Logistics were difficult at 1st. All Ive been doing since retired is travel but now want to settle down.

I am not basically moved. I am more like a vagabond. I live in an acceptable hotel but had to wheel and deal to get a good deal. It is cheaper for me to live in a hotel than rent a furnished, which is what I did in the past several years.
You need permission with a special visa to work here. Not sure what that is.
If you have a university degree, especially in Education, with good english skills then you could teach in many of the private schools in Col. Your salary would be about $2000/mos. A very good wage here to live on. I met 3 in Pereira, one canuck, a yank and a dutch, all good english skills. That is what they were earning. The schools would probably do most of the paper work for you to work.

Jobs are not easy to come by here. Many here have univ.degrees and cannot find work. As for your knowledge of eng. y spanish, then it would be much easier. See if they advertize jobs online, such as from El Heraldo y El Tiempo, daily newspapers.
Your knowledge of both languages would make it easier, no question.

Can you afford to come and make an exploratory visit?

Hello dnamron41.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Your post has been moved to the Colombia forum for more visibility.

Thank you for these informations.

Aurélie