FILIPINAS LIVING IN COSTA RICA

I am American  have my Pensionado residence here  in San Ramon Alajuela Costa Rica for 3 years. I brought my Filipina wife and stepson here in October 2012 AFTER GETTING MARRIED IN THE USA ON A K1 VISA FROM THE U S EMBASSY IN MANILA. We just had a baby girl born here. I think it would be good for her to get in contact with other Filipinas here and use her CEBUENA and Tagalo as well as socially mix. She is originally from Leyte Biliran area and lived in Mindanao for a few years with her grandparents.Her mother and stepfather live in Quezon City. She graduated from Biliran Agricultural College. SHE AND MY STEPSON  RECENTLY GOT THEIR B1  10 YEAR MULTI ENTRY VISAS FOR THE USA. THE EMBASSY IN PAVAS COSTA RICA IS A FAR SIGHT BETTER THAN MANILA. Can ANYONE recommend anything to help her feel more at home here. She loves Costa Rica but as expected misses family, friends and the Phls?

[email protected]

Hi masnart98,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

My wife is Filipina but we are down in the Jaco area.  There are many Filipinos working in the electronic industry in San Jose, I seen their YouTube video.  They are brought to Costa Rica to train Ticos, in companies like Intel, and most of them stay in Costa Rica.

hello hi, i am florenda jamin  and grace to all my family and friends,im also in biliran leyte andlive in novaliches quezon city in manila my parents are in naval biliran leyte but unfortunately they are all gone hope i can meet her i am still in lima peru now but leaving on the next week in san jose costa rica pls, give me ur address or number so i can contact her thanks grace

Just search the  Filipino Association in Costa Rica on facebook everyone and click join so you can reach most of our kababayans in there.Almost 300 filipino members are interacting and helping each other in any regards.see you there!