Lycee technique Michel Lucius

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know anything about this school?
thanks,
dexpatmena

Hi
There is an Open Day on Saturday 4th of May, I think.  I will be going as I would like my children to start there in September.
Sara

Hi,
Once you go there would you please let me know about it? I'm not there yet.
Thanks,
Shabnam

Sure, will do.  What age is your child?  Have you approached the Education Ministry yet?  They are extremely helpful. Is your child able to speak French?  I have just moved here and my children are attending an intense school program to prepare for the new year starting in September.

I have twins 13 yrs old.  They are taking French in school now and doing quite well in grammar but not strong in speaking.

Sure, will do.  What age is your child?  Have you approached the Education Ministry yet?  They are extremely helpful. Is your child able to speak French?  I have just moved here and my children are attending an intense school program to prepare for the new year starting in September.

I will certainly give you as much info as possible.  They will have to sit admission tests in French, English and Maths and you will need to apply to the school to register.  My twins just turned 16 and have been advised to also apply to the Athenee which is also in Luxembourg.  Both run English stream programs.  Perhaps I can email you some detail.  When will you be in Luxembourg?

Yes that would be great. Many thanks. I will be there in July. I will for sure be interested to stay in touch with you and learn from you.

hi Sara,

tried emailing you from your profile but it didnt go through for some reason.

Can someone report back how they like this school? Is the curriculum American style?

Hello kittyhawk and welcome to Expat.com

Kindly note that this thread has been inactive since 2013 and you may not receive any response.

Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Hi it's not American style. It's British GCSE and IGCSE. It's a good alternative to the private schools but they still have some issues that they need to sort out.

Hi. It's based on UK education system.
In my opinion school has only one advantage - it's free!!! And also very good school for musical kids as they take their music lessons very seriously.
The list of disadvantages is endless. Staff is unorganised, teachers are frequently absent due to illness and no one covers their lessons, so children have to entertain themselves playing on their phones. Some teachers don't follow the students book and make their own program. That would be fine, except that kids can get questions they don't have the answers to in their tests. And most important - no one really cares how well children are doing. The support for struggling kids is only theoretical.
I hope other parents have better experience.

Hi, I'm thinking of sending my son there next year, He's  now at St George's. How are your children getting on now?

Hi Sara,

Have your children started at michel Lucius yet? If so, how is it going?