The Van to Cuence from GYE

Hey Neil, Welllll, We do need to return that charger to you...:)
Dave and I are planning on coming down next July for a month after....drum roll....I retire on June 10th, 2014. We are still hoping to get a hectare of some good farm land and we do have a few peeps looking for us. We'll see...We sure liked it down there. I'd be down there right now if I could but I've got to finish this year. Hey go up to Guamote on a Thursday. that was my best day at their market. Forget Otavalo's mrket. Gaumote is much closer and better in my estimation. Later, G

Congrats on the retirement Gerri. I think you're gonna like it. I'm going to look at a project going up in the Cajas. It's right on the edge of the park. Sounds pretty cool.
Stay Well,
Neil

It looks like mid-August is the last comment in this section, so wanted to follow up on the topic of transportation from GYE to Cuenca.  I'll hopefully be flying down to GYE late Feb./early March, and am interested in visiting Cuenca as well (short visit to Cuenca...maybe 1/2 nights....Are there bus pickups in the downtown area for what people earlier called "Executive Bus" for about $8-12 pp.  Is there a hotel that anyone would recommend for such a short stay, conveniently located in Cuenca?  My wife and I have been to Ecuador before and are seriously considering retiring there in the future....Any recent comments on travel between Guayaquil and Cuenca would be much appreciated...Thanks in advance,  Mike