Living in sharja working in dubai

hey so i wanted to ask everybody if it is possible to live in sharja and work in dubai. how long it will be to drive to dubai everyday? and if anyone can help me find an apartment in sharja.

If you like being on the road up to 3 hours each direction between Sharjah and Dubai, if you hate being at home and rather be on the road for up to 6 hours in a day, this is an ideal solution to live in Sharjah and work in Dubai.  If you fall in the ordinary people category who like to spend more time with family and at home, suggest look for a home in Ghusais or nearby, if you prefer to live close to Sharjah.

of course it's possible, many Dubai workers do it. Housing is alot cheaper in Sharjah, that is the main/only reason for enduring daily traffic queues.
Nobody can tell you how long the journey will be as it depends where in Sharjah you will live and where in Dubai you will be working.
For an apartment check Gulf News Classified (gulfnews.com) or on Dubizzle.com

its only 23km. it can no way take more than 2hours!! i mean, why wouldnt people just get on a bike!! i think that would be faster!

To our friend from Khobar: Do not go by distance.  The traffic between Sharjah and Dubai is always a nightmare.  People want to save on rent, but lose heavily on personal time.

borntobemild wrote:

its only 23km. it can no way take more than 2hours!! i mean, why wouldnt people just get on a bike!! i think that would be faster!

At certain times of the day especially during morning, afternoon and evening commute I have sat in slow moving traffic for 2 hours to travel a mere 15kms..very very frustrating. Getting on a bike when the temperature is 45c and the sun is HOT is not an option!

hey there its less than 20 mnts from sharjah to dubai though i doubt it considering the heavy traffic ...lool
its very easy to find a appartment in sharjah but you have to find it in areas like al tawuan ner by expo thats the nearst place from sharjah direct to dubai ..

hi there
its not about km, its about traffic..nothing moves in the rush hours!the time you need for going-coming will be ~ half of the time you spend at work...its really tireing
wish you good luck and patience