A few questions regarding cell phones in Ecuador.

I currently have an unlocked Samsung Galaxy S3 i747 through AT&T. From what I understand I can use this phone in Ecuador by just replacing the SIM card with one I buy there. Can anyone confirm this?

Also do cell phone providers in Ecuador have any data packages? I figure that data won't be available everywhere, but in the major cities.

I would actually prefer to just have a data package so I can just Skype. Are there any options for unlimited data?

Hey Ryan

I am looking forward to the replies on your topic, as I have an s2.

Don't forget to remove your sim card prior to leaving the states. You are probably allready aware that you can use free wifi to send/receive emails. Just not calls or texts.

Hans

Hi.  You can buy a SIM Card here for $2.50. All cell phone companies have packages.  Skype doesn't always work for us.   Good luck.   Tom

Is there not any mobile phone repairers in Ecuador, or you can contact/go to any of network providers over there to help you solve your problem.

Again, whats the serial number of the phone?

Tom,
Can you bundle like in the US. I'm thinking high speed internet for home, and a phone package that would include a data plan? Like through Claro, for both? I'm thinking adding the home internet isn't doable, huh?
Thanks,
Neil

thjks

Hi, you can use your cellphone in Ecuador. The ATT and Ecuadorian 3G works in the same channel (850 Mhz). The only thing that you need to do is unlocked your phone. You can go to ATT and ask for a unlock or you can buy a cheap unlocked code on ebay (I  did that).

I use more than one time skype over 3G and works fine. But depends on the signal