New expatriate soon in Riyadh

Hi All,
my name is Tariq, i'm from Jordan, i will be heading soon to Riyadh to start a new Job, i really got very useful information from this blog, and will be getting more for sure once i arrive there, thanks a lot for this great share, looking forward to be helpful here to others.

Best Regards
Tariq

Hello Tariq

Where will you be working in Riyadh? I will be in the ER at King Faisal hospital. I will be arriving there in mid may from United States.
My best friend here in the states is from Amman, Jordan :)

Good luck to you and welcome.. safe travels

Mary

Hello Mary,
thanks a lot for your nice words, i'm gonna be working in a IT Company at Riyadh, near AL MASEEF DIST, i'm waiting for my papers for to be finished, so i should be there before may, Good luck to you too :)

Tariq

Thank you Tariq😃

I am waiting for my paperwork to clear and to get my work visa also.
My scheduled leave date is May 16.  That is great an IT job you will do well and make good money doing that.

I am so excited to travel to Jordan. I want to go to Amman, Petra, wadi Rum and so many cool places to see. I have always wanted to see where my friend grew up I just wish she was able to go too. Please let me know of some things or places that I should go see while I am there ☺

I am working on my Arabic. It is a difficult language. As any new one is for anyone I am guessing. People say English is a hard language, which of course is easy for me.

Take care
Mary

well Petra very nice, i went there once and never regret it, make sure to have your sun block with you :) Wadi Rum is very nice places, although i didn't went there yet, but my friends recommend it big time, make sure to spend a night there, nightlife is the best experience in Wadi-Rum as they said, prefer to be with a group for that.

i would also Recommend visiting old Romanian City in JARASH, its not far from Amman like Petra and Wadi Rum, i'm sure you will enjoy it very much.

church's in Madaba, Mount Nebo, Dead-Sea.. all on the same path which can be visited the same day.

in Amman you can walk in Down Town, there is also some Old Romanian Archeological theater there also, with old markets.

if you need any other help, kindly to let me know, unfortunately i might not be in Amman when you visit, but Jordanians are really hospitable people, you will feel that the moment you step in.

Tariq

Thank you so much Tariq. .. I will visit all the places you mentioned. Ian so excited. Yes I wish I had someone to share it with me but I will enjoy it all the same. I know first hand how hospitable Jordanian people are and I am blessed for my friend.
I now have another Jordanian friend and am thankful again.

Be well
Mary

you are most welcome Mary, its an pleasure to have you as friend, enjoy it to the max, and again let me know if you need anything, Take care now.

Tariq

Congratulations. May Allah put His blessing on it, amin. Please, I would like you to spoon feed me on how to get job at Saudi Kingdom. I have Higher National Diploma in Civil Engineering. And I also have series of experences in teaching Maths. I'm from Nigeria. My contacs are [email protected] and +234706826451. JazaqumuLahu khayran wa maa Salam.

Bro pls try and post in naukrigulf.com , they also help to get job and new marhabatravels.com , they are recruitment agency.

Dear fatacash,
thanks a lot for your nice words, may Allah bless you and provide you what is the best ever as always.

i suggest you try Job searching sites, or a forum in this blog if it exist (i dont know), this is what you can do without anyone help.

but the best thing i believe, is to ask help from a friend in KSA, since people recommendation are higher value that electronic way, i have a friend there who knows me and aware of my experience and work, so he recommended me to some company and it worked.

and Ask/Pray to Allah my friend, if its good for you, you will get it.

Tariq

Good luck fatacash !!! I pray all works out for you!!

Mary

omamar1228 wrote:

I am so excited to travel to Jordan. I want to go to Amman, Petra, wadi Rum and so many cool places to see. I have always wanted to see where my friend grew up I just wish she was able to go too. Please let me know of some things or places that I should go see while I am there ☺

My time in Jordan was one of the best holidays I've ever had! I love that country--so much to do and wonderful, friendly people!

If you want the name of a super B&B in Wadi Musi, let me know.

Hi Alliecat... Thank you and yes I would like the name of the B & B near wadi rum. I can not wait to go to Jordan. So much I want to see there and do. My best friend is from Amman. She is a MD here now in GEorgia.

She is an amazing person and inspired me and was partially a reason for my taking this amazing opportunity over there in Saudi.

Thanks again
Mary

oma, I'll PM you with the information (Wadi Musi, not Wadi Rum.  Wadi Musi is the town closest to Petra).

As for your friend inspiring you to come to KSA, please don't think Saudia is anything like Jordan.  It's not,  not at all.

Hey Allie I didn't think Saudi was going to be like Jordan. I know it has way more restrictions and all. I don't know exactly what I was trying To say I guess just that she is such an amazing person she inspires me to be a better person.
Look forward to you PM about the B & B and any other place you think worth visiting once I go there. Won't be able to go anywhere until my 3 month probationary period is over so gives me time to save money and plan anyway.

Cheers