Aramex - shipping to Libya

Some feedback on Aramex, who I've recently used to ship some goodies from UK to Libya.

After setting up the account (very simple process) and paying the one-off $35 registration fee, you are given a c/o address and ref no. for Aramex offices in the UK and USA.

Charges are 15 Lyd up to the first half kilo (or part thereof) and 10 Lyd for 0.5 - 1Kg.

There is quite a lengthy list of items which they won't ship (foosdtuffs, liquids etc).

I ordered some CD's, DVD's and a heavier (3.5Kg)item from Amazon UK, which were shipped directly to the Aramex UK office. As soon as each item arrived at Aramex, I was emailed with a description (and where applicable, the sender name) and also a cost. This order was placed on 9 February.

This morning, most of the order arrived, the heavier item and 5 x CD/DVD's. It was all delivered to my office in Dahra and the total payable was 90 Lyd cash. None of the packages had been opened and I hadn't been charged any other duties or taxes. Based upon the value of the goods (rather than the weight), the shipping worked out at approx 7.5%.

This is a very fast, safe and hassle-free way of bringing fairly light items into the country. It's obviously more expensive to import heavier items this way, but it's worth comparing the costs of buying those hard to find items locally, or paying 25 Lyd per Kilo to ship.

Rating: *****

Details of the service here:

ARAMEX SHOP AND SHIP

That's good , I didn't know this was here. I have used shop and ship in Bahrain and it is pretty good. A particular benefit is the US address for cheaper purchases from companies that don't ship outside the States.
However one disadvantage is if your famiy get to find out about it - you're then lumbered with the cost of your own xmas presents!

Wow thats really good offer...

Can someone check for the latest documentation requirement for account opening and the charges if revised....?

I'd love to sign up in Tripoli before heading back to Ras Lanuf...

cheers!

[Moderated]

I have been using this service for a quite a while now buying stuff to my family online, their service is very good never lost a package or had any problem so far with them. I shipped different stuff from clothes, laptops, documents..etc.
Their prices now is like 20 LD for the first half kg then 10 LD per each extra half kg. I highly recommend this service and guess what it is cheaper for me to buy some stuff from the us and ship it to Libya rather than buying them here in Canada due to taxes and higher prices here.