4 Days to decide - Need advice on Job offer

Hello friends,

I am new to this blog !!

I have been made offer of 9320 SR/month in Riyadh
Breakup is as follows
Basic 6252
Accommodation 2572
Transportation 500

Medical insurance taken care by company.
Annual 5% increment on salary
30 Days vacation (****Paid or not yet to be confirmed)

I am bachelor and have estimated "5000 per month" as my expenses (Rent, Food, Utility bills, Mobile and Internet)

1) I need your suggestion about how much I can save on this salary per month
2) What will be room rent for a)Unfurnished 1BHK b) Furnished 1BHK in Riyadh outside compound

3) I have Bachelors and Masters degree in Engineering from India with 2.5 years work exp in good MNC companies, is 9300 SR per month good salary for my qualifications? Please suggest me good figures that I can demand without hesitation from company

4) After checking salary break up could you suggest any other components to be added in the job offer made

5) Is vacation in home country paid as per Saudi Industry Standards

I need your help and replies ASAP since I have to take decision in 4 days

Please reply point wise if possible.

Thanks
PSK

1,2- consider sharing a room in a bachelor's appartment.  Will cost you ~1000 sar (with no room partners). 1bhk unfurnished are rare and furnished are 2000+ at least.

3- This is a good salary with the experience you've mentioned. Education and experience are just a few parameters of salary calculations. There are many many others as well.

There is something wrong in the break-down. Per saudi labor law, accomodation for bachelors can't be 41% of the basic sal as in your case. Double check.

Yes, vacation will be paid along with roundtrip tickets.

Hello TLL,

Thanks for your reply.

I had few doubts for your explanations

Point 1,2

"1,2- consider sharing a room in a bachelor's appartment.  Will cost you ~1000 sar (with no room partners). 1bhk unfurnished are rare and furnished are 2000+ at least."

Does these Bachelors Appartment provide furniture as well, are these Appt small furnished flats (1 and bathroom as total rooms)
My company address is - "Takhasousy Street Al-Mouhamadeia Area
Unit 672 Box: 230364 Riyadh 11321" So could you please suggest any rooms nearby

Point 3
Yes the accommodation allowance has been increased on my request and same is mentioned in the job offer as well. Is there as any problem with this amount of HRA

Point 4
Please suggest if I can as for Mobile and Internet allowance or any other allowance which need to be borne by Employer as per your knowledge of Labour Laws in Saudi

Point 5
Vacation is paid with round trips by employer this is not mentioned in Job offer but yes vacation days of 30 days are mentioned. So is it better to confirm with employee regarding this point.

Additional points-
a) Do I have to demand reimbursement from Company for Medical test expenses, Degree certificate attestations and any other other specific formalities that I have to do in my Home country and Saudi Arabia as well.

b) I was thinking to negotiate job offer and ask for 11000 to 12000 SR per month, is it logical. And how can I demand this amount with justifications in salary components offered. 

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks n Regards
PSK

I guess you are making moves assuming ksa would be similar to uae :D. No. things are very different here like:

- You dont need a big budget to finance accomodation like uae. Saudi labor law governs the housing allowance in the monthly salary. Yours looks like a small firm who could negotiate on it.
- Bachelors accommodation is what a few people like you has to set up. They rent a place and furnish as per needs. Even if you get a vacancy with furniture, I suggest you go for a new bed, mattress etc.

Your office will be in north of Riyadh, pretty far from areas where south asians live. Just a few restaurants around.

Keep an eye on expat-blog housing classified and here: http://www.expatriates.com/classifieds/riy/hs/

Paid vacation is very common. I guess that's why they ommitted mentioing it in the offer. But confirm with them.

Yes, check with them if they'll re-imburse medical test charges.

Mobile/internet is cheap. Cant be deal breaker.

There are no salary components left except negotiation skills. You may ask for revision on the package at the cost of the relocation. Tell them you are earning something close to it; or may be considering an other offer too ;) But play safe.

TheLegendLeads wrote:

I guess you are making moves assuming ksa would be similar to uae :D. No. things are very different here like:

- You dont need a big budget to finance accommodation like uae. Saudi labor law governs the housing allowance in the monthly salary. Yours looks like a small firm who could negotiate on it.

- Bachelors accommodation is what a few people like you has to set up. They rent a place and furnish as per needs. Even if you get a vacancy with furniture, I suggest you go for a new bed, mattress etc.

Is there any provision by company where they pay initial deposit required (3 or 6 months rent)for bachelors apartment. New bed and mattress purchase new one ? Any specific reasons :)

Your office will be in north of Riyadh, pretty far from areas where south asians live. Just a few restaurants around.

Could you please tell me name of areas which are at either walk-able distance or within 3-5 kms from my company area "Takhasousy Street Al-Mouhamadeia Area Unit 672 Box: 230364 Riyadh 11321"
Further range of rents for Bachelors apt in these nearby areas

Keep an eye on expat-blog housing classified and here: http://www.expatriates.com/classifieds/riy/hs/

Thanks for this link, if I get to know which areas to target it will be more easy as mentioned above.

Paid vacation is very common. I guess that's why they ommitted mentioing it in the offer. But confirm with them.

Yes, check with them if they'll re-imburse medical test charges.

Mobile/internet is cheap. Cant be deal breaker.

There are no salary components left except negotiation skills. You may ask for revision on the package at the cost of the relocation. Tell them you are earning something close to it; or may be considering an other offer too ;) But play safe.

How much can I ask for relocation allowances or relocation package.

Waiting for your reply

Thanks n Regards
PSK

It musn't be called 'allowance' @psk; I'd rather call it 'compensation'. If you didn't browse through various blogs here, I suggest you do it now. It will give you a fair idea about the things you're going to leave back at home. The thing that you call 'life', family, friends, fun......

11-12k looks good; if career advancement options exist.

Hello TLL,

Could you please tell me name of areas which are at either walk-able distance or within 3-5 kms from my company area "Takhasousy Street Al-Mouhamadeia Area Unit 672 Box: 230364 Riyadh 11321"
Further range of rents for Bachelors apt in these nearby areas

You suggested this link-

Thanks for this link, if I get to know which areas to target it will be more easy as mentioned above.

Thanks n Regards
PSK

This must be your office location:
https://maps.google.com/?q=24.735061,46.650867

Though I'm not very positive that you'll get anything in walkable distance as it's kind of area with almost no apartments.

Keep looking in Rehmaniayah, Muruj, Mohammediyah, King Fahad district and Umm-al-Hammam. All these areas are like 10 minutes drive.

Thanks TLL