Have permanent visa need carteira do trabalho

Okay, so I finally got my perm. visa protocol  through a stable union with my Brazilian wife. I'm now trying to find out what documents are necessary for me to begin working. The websites I've seen tell you how to get a work visa. the only thing i know is I need to get this done in Cabo Frio and I don't want to waste money and time going there without everything I need. Anyone have experience or can post a link? Muito obrigado!

Hi,

In order to get your Carteira de Trabalho you will need your CPF, the SINCRE that the Policia Federal were supposed to give you when you applied for your Permanent Visa (the SINCRE is the computer print-out of the information that they have on you) and two 3X4 photos. If the PF didn't or wouldn't give you the SINCRE then you should take the protocolo and some other documentation of the stable union. The MTE should accept this and issue the CTPS book.

As a foreigner you can only apply for your Carteira de Trabalho at the Superintendência Regional de Ministério de Trabalho. I don't know if they have one in Cabo Frio, but guess they should. If they don't it might be necessary to go into Rio. Depending on the location it can take up to 10 days to issue the work permit. Some issue same-day so you might get lucky.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team

Okay, I'm not sure I recieved a SINCRE. I have the protocol, but thats a different document? They really like to make things complicated here don't they? haha

Yes, the protocolo and SINCRE are two different documents. The protocolo is actually the bottom part of the application, it has your photo and a DPF stamp and signature. The SINCRE is just a computer printout of the information that is in the DPF registry of foreigners. It is on a grayish color paper. If they didn't give it to you they should have. Sometimes they play power games and won't give them. In that case just go to the MTE with some other documents that establish the stable union relationship and try an end run around the DPF. I know that with a traditional marriage, they have accepted the Marriage Certificate when the Feds have refused to give the SINCRE.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team