New to Riyadh and bord already!

sh3hryar wrote:

How are any foreign women any different to locals within abaya?

Silly man!  There is so much more to a woman than the size/shape of her body.  We expats don't wear niqabs and rarely wear hijabs (I never do).  Therefore you can clearly see our EYES (which are often a color other than brown) and our HAIR (which can be long, short, medium length and blonde, red, brown, etc. in color--maybe even multi-colored :P).  In other words, we *clearly* look different than the locals. Is it really so difficult to understand?

Momo Ajmi wrote:

Ahahahah I swear you guys are funny .. I love you all I wish I could get inside your heads look inside them to see what you trying to think of 😚
Aliecat from your comment  think you are right :)

Thank you, Momo :x

HA! I'm with you on that one... They stare at me and I don't know if I should stare back, say hi, smile, the finger, or just look away.. So confusing :( :s . My Saudi friend tells me its a good thing if they stare at you and you stare back and somehow communicate to them that you want their digits, I haven't figured it out just yet and I'm 6 months in.

jpm19 wrote:

HA! I'm with you on that one... They stare at me and I don't know if I should stare back, say hi, smile, the finger, or just look away.. So confusing :( :s . My Saudi friend tells me its a good thing if they stare at you and you stare back and somehow communicate to them that you want their digits, I haven't figured it out just yet and I'm 6 months in.

Well my friend I'm saudi and been to the state for 3 or more years I think been in most of the states becus I was military student anyways in some places ppl never stare at me like when I was in AZ in TX there is a lot of Mexicans and brown ppl but let me tell you ! One time I was in minnesota (big lake ) town I was in target you know target the store and EVERYONE litarly everyone was staring at me like I came from the moon or something becus I'm brown lol my girlfriend was white girl she was laughing at what she was seeing !! So eccapt that don't be paranoid or worry about it you have to use to be a stranger somewhere because of your color or your language or anything ! Remember you are not home but welcome to Saudi Arabia and please accept it to be a second home ppl are nice here even if someone stare at you in mean way if you think it was mean ppl are deferent everywhere you go :)
Thanks

Alliecat wrote:
sh3hryar wrote:

How are any foreign women any different to locals within abaya?

Silly man!  There is so much more to a woman than the size/shape of her body.  We expats don't wear niqabs and rarely wear hijabs (I never do).  Therefore you can clearly see our EYES (which are often a color other than brown) and our HAIR (which can be long, short, medium length and blonde, red, brown, etc. in color--maybe even multi-colored :P).  In other words, we *clearly* look different than the locals. Is it really so difficult to understand?

I would not go stare a person just because he/she is different.. Anyway whatever floats their boat. :)

jpm19 wrote:

This is awful. How can you possible look forward to exchange numbers by just looking at each other (esp all you see is abaya).. I fail to understand!

What you talking about Willis! I am Mexican and I am brown, get confused with being a Saudi all the time, that's until I say that I speak English only. And yes nothing but very nice people in Saudi, except a few road ragers, but that's a different story. Im just saying the staring can convey a thousand words.

My guess is as good as yours sh3hryar, but again thats how it was explained to me, try it out in Granada Mall around lunch time (noon), during the week, and see what I mean.

jpm19 wrote:

What you talking about Willis! I am Mexican and I am brown, get confused with being a Saudi all the time, that's until I say that I speak English only. And yes nothing but very nice people in Saudi, except a few road ragers, but that's a different story. Im just saying the staring can convey a thousand words.

Oh well Not really means something beside curiosity ! That could happen everywhere and here I notice that more with Indians and Pakistanis in front of their stores ! They just sit and keep watching lol or you maybe something interesting to others :)

http://youtu.be/wyx6JDQCslE

😜😜😜😜

jpm19 wrote:

My guess is as good as yours sh3hryar, but again thats how it was explained to me, try it out in Granada Mall around lunch time (noon), during the week, and see what I mean.

Id rather fly back home in summer and go clubbing Fri night. :D

Bahrain is soo much closer than England is, and although it can get a bit expensive, its totally worth it!

jpm19 wrote:

Bahrain is soo much closer than England is, and although it can get a bit expensive, its totally worth it!

So far what I hear is, Bahrain is full of prostitutes.
Is it true?

If it is, whats the fun init then?

Yeah theres quite a few of them, just got to shoo them off like flies, unless of course your looking for that kind of fun, otherwise its great nightlife, awesome clubs, and people go to party and blow off steam.

um, good question..maybe you should get married to ease your boredom...

how exactly is getting married going to ease someones boredom?

you will have the companionship...maybe im missing why you are bored...

oh.. Im not bored.... well not that much anymore anyways.

sh3hryar wrote:

I would not go stare a person just because he/she is different..

Yeah, but that's you.  I thought we were talking about Saudis?

welcome to riyadh
for passing time, there is lot of places to go , just you have to find some families to go with.
i do the same, as me and my wife is feeling same like you but now its different.
add me hope you like to join us in camping and visiting places :)
strangeboyksa at yahoo
c ya there
cheers
sahir

It's more fun in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia!

Alliecat wrote:

There is actually a recent thread about STARING!  Go have a look... it's funny and informative :top:

(And yes, Saudi women stare at foreign women and it's nothing sexual, it's just that we're different and unusual so it makes us worth looking at.)

just because one of them of foreigner does not mean there is love whose name anyone dare not say !

salman108 wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

There is actually a recent thread about STARING!  Go have a look... it's funny and informative :top:

(And yes, Saudi women stare at foreign women and it's nothing sexual, it's just that we're different and unusual so it makes us worth looking at.)

just because one of them of foreigner does not mean there is love whose name anyone dare not say !

That was exactly my point, Salman! :top:

sh3hryar wrote:
TheLegendLeads wrote:
sh3hryar wrote:

Now that you said you cant talk to men freely, its all going to change. Wait and watch amount of PMs you will be getting out here...

Oh yeah! Men here are so .... 'leghumpers' :lol:

The worst thing I got to read on internet was women complaining about men dry-humping during Tawaaf! I was like woah! Shit just hit the roof!

I seriously do not believe it. I have beenthere many times and yes tolerated the silly act and punched few people for the dare but never while tawaf or in Haram

Hope you have got enough friends by now?

Where are you based?

[Moderated: no free ads pls]

sigh! Please fill me in on those. I am new in Saudi; only three months now and not socializing is killing me! :mad:

Hi i'm having ur problem,, but i just moved since 2 weeks and thinking if going back to my home country :)))))
Life is tooooo borong here , i m having a daughter aged 2 yrs and she is also bored..
If u find any good idea plz let me know or we can get along to know each other and do outings

Thanks

Hello and sorry for your boredom. I too i'm bored stiff as I'm from America. This is a Conservative society so things are different. Where are you from and what do you like to do?. This is my contact _966560071633, maybe we can build up a friendship :)

Gene

Mmoneim wrote:

Hi i'm having ur problem,, but i just moved since 2 weeks and thinking if going back to my home country :)))))
Life is tooooo borong here , i m having a daughter aged 2 yrs and she is also bored..
If u find any good idea plz let me know or we can get along to know each other and do outings

Thanks

Hey there,
Sorry for not responding sooner, I am new to this forum  :(  I am starting to find good things to do here and nice activities. For instance I go hiking in a new place every Friday. AMAZING places and its healthy for the body and soul :) Also partying if you are into that ;)

Regards,

Hiii
Thx for ur reply,, but actually both options are not suitable for me :sosad: sorry but the little girl is so much limiting my Activities :mad:
Thx anyways

You are welcome dear. What kind of activities are u into? Interests and hobbies.