Activities in Cuenca

How often do the people of Cuenca have outdoor gathering, or festivals?  Do they have large concerts?  Do people go to movies? Are there soccer leagues, or even softball?  What can we do to fit in with the natives?

BryonDavis wrote:

How often do the people of Cuenca have outdoor gathering, or festivals?  Do they have large concerts?  Do people go to movies? Are there soccer leagues, or even softball?  What can we do to fit in with the natives?

Like everyday as far as out door gatherings. It's like they go out of their way to find things to clebrate. Seems you always see a parade, or marching band. I don't know what the country would ever do if attacked, cuz all the soldiers are playing in a band somewhere in the street.... which may very well be a good model for the rest of the world. I'm most familiar with Parque Carlderon, by the New Cathedral. Always something going on there. Great for people watching. There is a soccer stadium and also a basketball venue. There is an Olympic sized pool that you can use for like a buck a day.

I think you would have to put the word out to feild a softball team, but I know I'd be down for that. I't will be great for all the chiropractors in Quenca to get us geriatrics out there running around, pulling muscles we didn't realize we still had.
Stay Well,
Neil

LOL, Neil.  Thanks.