Any expat in shumen

Hi

Looking to find any expat in shumen area, would like to get in touch with you. Plus looking for an expat who fixes up houses in the area
Debbie

Hello Debbie,

Im a Briitish guy who has property a long way from Shumen. However im always interested in taking on jobs for other Britts.
Im working in London at the momment but could do some work out there this autumn.
youtube.com/watch?v=91Mmm7Vd88Y
Heres a example of one of my previous projects

Dear Debbie
My name is Simon I am a builder and I am looking at this moment on buying a property in Shumen Bulgaria
Please can you give me any information about the area as I would be very great full.

Hi Simon

We Recently bought a house near to Shumen, in a village call Zaichno Oreshe. There are a few houses available in this village, one or two are almost liveable . Now is the .time to buy here as they are going to build a golf course here in the future. See Walnut grove Bulgaria online. I too come from construction, and have had to use some local subbies to help me do the heavy work. Always  buy your own materials and always ask around for the help you need, there are a lot of sharks over here, and supposed maistro's.

Any help you need, our door is always open. In our village it is best to see the mayor who will tell you of all the properties available, NEVER pay the asking price as you can knock of at least 25 percent. Things go a little slower over here, but with the right info and help this can be done faster than is the local norm. You will hear many horror stories here but these can be over exaggerated .

Generally we find that life here is much better than the UK.

Shumen is 19km away, and varna is 50km away, and the town of nova pazar is 6 km away,  there are lots of little villages around, and very beautiful, but it depends on what you are looking for, just remember people will tell you, your ID card will take a month well we did it in three days in shumen.

What ever you do COST the material  yourself and look around first very important

Ian and Debs

Thank you very much for your information at this moment of time I am taking in every like a sponge
And learning more each day thank very much Ian and Debs and best of luck!
                                   Great full  Simon!

No problem it's a lovely country the countryside is beautiful , hope all works out for you
Good luck
Ian and debs

Hi Ian and Debs,

Don't know if you will get this message two years on from your blog, but we have just moved into the Shumen area and would like to meet other expats in the area. Things can get a little lonely especially when you don't speak much Bulgarian.
Like everyone else we are also looking for someone to do a bit of building work so would welcome any info you are able to provide in this respect. We live in the village of Ivanski just off the main Bourgas/Karnobat road
Hope to hear from you soon
Regards
Pete and Gill

My brother may be able to help.  He,s not a builder by trade but he repaired and extended my home which was in a desperate state.  He built  a room which was to become a kitchen and created a bathroom from nothing also reroofed the entire thing and much much more.  He also built a double stable for himself. If this is the type of work required and you are interested, please let me know and he could contact you direct .

Hello I work in construction mostly in UK but I like to take on the occasional work abroad.

Hi, im moving to kalvano villiage shortly near ivanski. In need of british friends.
Andy

Hi debs, im coming to shumen 19th feb 2019.. i bought a house a long time ago in kalvano.maybe  i can get advice from you.. really havnt got a clue.will arrive with my 4 year old boy and french gf.please get in touch if your still around.. many thanks

Hi pat and gill, im coming to kalvano very shortly.i have a house there..woukd really like some advice from english speaking locals..im coming with my 4 year old boy and french gf.please leave me msg if your still around thanks.coming in mid feb 2019

Hi 'Kevalandy'     -     we also have a village house near Shumen (on the other side, but not too far away from Kalnovo) and would be happy to help out where we can.  We are originally from Tasmania (Australia) so, although we are not British, we do speak your language (or a close approximation at least).  We have been there, on and off, for two and a half years, so we learned a few things that might be useful (or not... )

Cheers,

Steve

Hi ian an debs, are you still near shumen?

Hi,
I just moved to Shumen to teach English for 9 months. I'm from the US and looking for expats in the area or Bulgarians who speak English.

Thanks,
Tammy

Greeting @tmazure and welcome to expat.com!

Congratulations on your new job, and  best wishes for your new life in Bulgaria.

You're welcome to post to any forum topic, but this one is rather old. I'd suggest that you might post an introduction to "New members of the Bulgaria forum" which is there to welcome all new members, and/or create a new topic all of your very own.