Can Iqama be transferred to new sponsor after 1 yr of coming in Kingd

Dear friends,

i am currently working as an engineer in jeddah..my iqama is still on my first sponsor/ employers name...i want to transfer my iqama to my current employer....but i am not sure about the time limit after which i can do so...

some ppl say i can not transfer iqama before 2 years of serving with first sponsor, while some ppl say rules have changed and i can transfer iqama after 1 year with first sponsor...

so if any body has personal experience or any idea about time duration please share with me...
Regards.

No,you cant need to stay two yrs if both are in green.

HRGuru , what if the previous sponsorer gives an NOC, I believe it's possible then .

Check this out thats y i am confused as if iqama can br transfered after 1 yr ?

#70  2012-07-25 15:16:14
skq

Re: Iqama Transfer
There is this rule that individuals on new visa needs to complete two years with current employer before getting transfer to an another employer. How about for individuals who were on a student iqama under their father's sponsorship and transferred it to employer (first job), now if they want to transfer again to another employer (second Job), do they also needs to wait atleast 2 years?
Anyone?
   Reply   Report   Recommend   Quote
#71  2012-07-25 15:26:42
TheLegendLeads
A SharpShooter

Re: Iqama Transfer
First, Second, Third makes no difference at all. Everyone has to complete at least *ONE* year with any sponsor.

(2 years rule changed to 1 year long time back).

"The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity." -- Dorothy Parker
   Reply   Report   Recommend   Quote

@Kymadoce : No, even if you have NOC from current sponsor, Labor office will not transfer if you havent completed two years, exception in detail are in the next answer.

@Farhan121: The law pertaining to transfer has been fixed to two years with each sponsor. No changes in that unless the exceptions when your nitaqat status is in low category.

If you are green & new sponsor also in green = no transfer, wait 2 yrs
If you are in green & new sponsor in excellent = transfer possible , no need for 2 yrs
If you are in yellow / red & new sponsor in green / excellent = transfer possible, no need for 2 yrs

Now since we are in KSA and a lot of things happen "outside" "under the table" transfers have been done and is ongoing without completion of 2 yrs.

What I gave above is as per law, no changes to that until now.

well thanks a lot for confirmation ......i digged out more into this matter and found the same wat u told....As per law its not possible to transfer iqama before 2 years....and yes things do happen under the table and thats an exception....

Thanks HRguru and Kymadoce

Farhan121 wrote:

TheLegendLeads

First, Second, Third makes no difference at all. Everyone has to complete at least *ONE* year with any sponsor.

(2 years rule changed to 1 year long time back).

:) Don't be confused @Farhan121. Last year just for a few months the rule changed to 01 year and was again changed to 02 yrs completion requirement. They change stuff overnight.

Farhan121 wrote:

Dear friends,

i am currently working as an engineer in jeddah..my iqama is still on my first sponsor/ employers name...i want to transfer my iqama to my current employer....but i am not sure about the time limit after which i can do so...

some ppl say i can not transfer iqama before 2 years of serving with first sponsor, while some ppl say rules have changed and i can transfer iqama after 1 year with first sponsor...

so if any body has personal experience or any idea about time duration please share with me...
Regards.

Money can solve all problems, pay someone and he'll get it done for u

Yeh in ksa...... Every law and rule get to the knees when riyals show up...
My frnds transfered iqama before 2 yrs just by giving 3000 sr to agent.

My iqama shows white and its going to expire in 10 days. Is there any chance i can transfer it to my new company which is in green category.

I have completed 15 months in KSA.

If the nw company is GREEN than they can transfer you easily.

But before you do any thing please double check as these days there is strict rule

Dear all,
I am working at Dammam in a trading company for 6 months, my first sponsor in Riyadh, I came with a free visa, which my first sponsor allowed me to work outside. As I want know that I can transfer my iqama within one year from my first sponsor... My company in white category ... Please advice me to solve these issue... Thank you.

Roshan

Transfer only possible after completion of 2 yrs.

Brother HRguru,

In this thread https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=247659

Brother Ehtesham says that transfer is possible even before 2 years, He even provided a document supporting his view. Whereas you say that its only possible after 2years.

So why such contradiction?? And what is correct then?

Dear Curious,
HR GURU is an expert providing information best to his knowledge and most of his information is correct.
There is a huge confusion on changing of sponsorship before 2yr and 1 yr which not everyone is aware and updated.
Contradiction is possible here, this is magical Kingdom, that why we have forums to share knowledge and help people out.
I shared the information and asked people to share their actual experience to confirm the same.

Ehtesham wrote:

Dear Curious,
HR GURU is an expert providing information best to his knowledge and most of his information is correct.
There is a huge confusion on changing of sponsorship before 2yr and 1 yr which not everyone is aware and updated.
Contradiction is possible here, this is magical Kingdom, that why we have forums to share knowledge and help people out.
I shared the information and asked people to share their actual experience to confirm the same.

Yeah, that's understandable. Anyways thanks for the clarification.

@curious 11 : Ehtesham is correct in his post.  The rule for your correction is as follows:

Any transfer, first or subsequent is only possible after a period of two years. Exceptions to this are under the following cases:

- If you are in Green and your new company is in excellent then you can transfer even before 2 yrs
- If you are in red / yellow and your new company is in green then you can transfer before 2 yrs
- If you are in green and your new company is also in green - then no transfer you need to wait for 2 yrs

What Ehtesham said is right : companies in green / excellent can transfer people to them who havent completed two years (ones in green can get red / yellow / 2 yrs compelted people ) and ( excellent can get even from green). I have my own case as an example - I was in green category company and after completing a year I moved to an excellent company and the transfer process took only 3 working days.

Hope this is clear.

Dear HRGuru

Had been in Saudi for three months and have an iqama

Now i want to join another employer, my current employer will cancel the existing Iqama, final Exit will be made one week before my departure, will be removed from GOSI / MED Gulf and a letter of no objection certificate (NOC) will be issued to me

Now can i apply for a new iqama with the new employer or i have to wait for two years before doing so?

Appreciate your feedback

ahmed.elshazly wrote:

Dear HRGuru

Had been in Saudi for three months and have an iqama

Now i want to join another employer, my current employer will cancel the existing Iqama, final Exit will be made one week before my departure, will be removed from GOSI / MED Gulf and a letter of no objection certificate (NOC) will be issued to me

Now can i apply for a new iqama with the new employer or i have to wait for two years before doing so?

Appreciate your feedback

You don't have to wait @ahmed.

Dear HR guru,

I had my first transfer in February 2014 to a new sponsor. My existing (2nd) sponsor has less than 10 employees and show just green in MOL.

I have a new job offer from a firm, can i transfer to a third sponsor without having to spend 2 yrs etc.

Regards

Vijith Menon.

vijith732 wrote:

Dear HR guru,

I had my first transfer in February 2014 to a new sponsor. My existing (2nd) sponsor has less than 10 employees and show just green in MOL.

I have a new job offer from a firm, can i transfer to a third sponsor without having to spend 2 yrs etc.

Regards

Vijith Menon.

If your new company where you are planning to go is in platinum then no need to wait 2 yrs. But if they are also green you might need to wait for 2 yrs even though I hear some of them happening.

Dear HR Guru,

Yes even i have heard and seen some transfers happening between green firms without the two year period after the mandatory 2 yrs with the 1st sponsor is finished. My profession is maintenance engineer in the Iqama- will this be a consideration?.

Regards

Vijith Menon.