Germany Job Seeker Visa

If anyone of you have applied/know about the German Job Seeker Visa can you post some details.

I would like to know the following

1. The visa is valid for 6 months stay. Suppose I get my Visa
    with a start date of July 1st 2013 then is the visa expiry date
    6 months from July 1st 2013 (i.e. Dec 31st 2013)?

2. Suppose I get my visa on July 1st 2013 and travel only by
    October 2013 will I be able to stay until March 30th 2014? (6
    months) or should I return before Dec 31st 2013 based on visa
    expiry date.

Hello,

I applied for a Job Seeker Visa in my country but still waiting for a decision :rolleyes:

Good question ;)

how long since you applied? Can you tell me all the steps involved?

rubenred wrote:

how long since you applied? Can you tell me all the steps involved?

I applied on 03/03/13, the embassy called me on 07/03/13 to tell me to bring a translation of my degree and to add more money into my bank account.

I added more money into my bank account, did the translation and came back with the two documents on 12/03/13.

They said they will call me but no news since then :/

@chrifus1982,

Thanks for your reply. helps me a lot. Can I ask you what language your certificates are in? Because I heard that if the certificates are not in German or English, only then it needs to be translated.

rubenred wrote:

@chrifus1982,

Thanks for your reply. helps me a lot. Can I ask you what language your certificates are in? Because I heard that if the certificates are not in German or English, only then it needs to be translated.

My degree is in Arabic and I did a translation in French not in German ;)

If anyone of you have applied/know about the German Job Seeker Visa can you post some details.

I would like to know the following

1. The visa is valid for 6 months stay. Suppose I get my Visa
    with a start date of July 1st 2013 then is the visa expiry date
    6 months from July 1st 2013 (i.e. Dec 31st 2013)?

Answer: Yes if  start date of July 1st 2013 then visa expiry date is Dec 31st 2013.

2. Suppose I get my visa on July 1st 2013 and travel only by
    October 2013 will I be able to stay until March 30th 2014? (6
    months) or should I return before Dec 31st 2013 based on visa
    expiry date.

Answer: No you have to return by Dec 31st 2013.

Hi, I used to live in London 7 years i want go to German in job seeker visa pl. any one can u help me. Thanks

There are close to 9 pages people talking about Job seeker German visa....follow
expatforum.com/expats/germany-expat-forum-expats-living-germany/132738-germany-jobseeker-visa

Which cont.

i want to apply for germany job seeker visa.

Hi im sowmya from Chennai . I would require assistance from experts on my move to Germany.

is INR 4 lakhs sufficient amt to be shown for job seeker visa in Germany

is it a must to know german lang to survive in Germany Frankfurt , berlin. I have 8yrs of exp in banking customer service.

@ Sowmya Shankar,

Even i'm looking for job seeker visa for myself and my wife. I started a separate discussion regarding the same with more detailed questions. I would like to  share the following pre requisites for Job seeker visa

1. Germany needs highly skilled professional in IT and Automotive industry. So please confirm whether such shortage list covers banking sector. No offence !

2. You need to show 900 Euros per month covering your stay in Germany. If the visa holds good for 6 months, then it would tantamount to 394000 INR depending on Forex rates.

3.  You might need at least 600 Euros for your basic living in    Germany. It depends on your location and living style.

4. Saving or fixed deposit is fine for fund maintenance

5. Good to hold an international driving license if you are planning to drive in Germany. This license might be valid only for 6 months.

6. Learning German language is highly advantageous.It is not mandatory at this stage.However you might need it when you apply for an EU Blue card after 5 years.

Share your experiences as well. Lets stay connected.

Guys, It is very difficult to get Job seeking visa and I think is also a great risk to travel without a job contract. Try to find directly a Job from India so that u can apply for a blue card. Take a contact with German based recruitment agency or consulting firm. They are specialized in this matter. I am applying through India Coaching & Consulting. It is Hamburg based company and run by German owner.

Hi all,

Lot of interesting information in this blog and i am super confused.Ok and my question "any one knows how to get proof of accommodation"I dont have any one living in germany.

Thanks in advance

@Rama- How far have you been in touch with this consulant.
Kindly provide more information.

@deepakarj : I took up their services last week. I am quite happy with the consultants. You can call them any time, even on the weekend. Call them and discuss the problem in detail. I hope you will be happy with them.

hi

pls help me how to apply german job seeker visa.

Regards
ganesh
[Moderated: No personal contact on the forum please]
chennai

Hello Ganesh and welcome to Expat.com :)

Please have a look at the above posts for more clarify about your question. ;)

Thank you,
Pravin.

Is Master degree required for Germany Job Seeker Visa ?

Hi All,

Even i thought about the job seeker visa in the beginning. However i changed my mind as it is risky without a job. I wrote an email to India coaching and consulting based in Hamburg and clarified all the questions that i had for placement. Managing partner called me almost 6 times for initial discussions and It took almost a week to decide. I signed up an easy start consulting contract recently. They are really doing well. Hope they would do a fantastic job in future as well. If we have an offer, then we could apply for blue card and lead a peaceful life and career in Germany. Hope German employers would just look into the skills and not the visa/ work permit for  initial job offers though it is not the case in UK.

@anilsingh... I presume Masters degree is not mandatory and it depends on job requirements. I would rather advise you to think why do you need a job seeker visa. If you are a recent passout and a fresh graduate from University, then you can apply for job seeker visa in Germany.

Helo,
Can any one help and guide me.I am from Pakistan and I want to apply for Germany job seeker visa..

Is there any official website so that I can contact with them?

[Moderated: Please avoid putting your phone number for safety reasons]

Hello !

hi i am Chennai:

pls tell me good consulting

regards

ganesh

Hi..

This is Seetharam.

I have applied for job seeker Visa for germany.. last week i had a interview at Chennai.. I'm waiting for the status of My Visa..

Can any one help me that how much time it takes to know the status of My Visa..

Hello Seetharam,

Could you please let me know whether you had applied through a consultancy or by yourself and help me with the consultancy name or the procedures.

Thanks
Keshav

Hello Venkat,

Thanks for your reply.

Is knowledge of German language helps in securing JOB ?

I am planning to move to Germany.
I have 5 yrs of experience in IT and last 2 yrs in Finance/Investment Bank with a Tier 1 company.

Should I start learning German to secure a JOB ?
Cab some one here please share any good consultant for getting a JOB offer.

Thanks... !!!

Hi,

I applied for job seeker Visa by my self..

Thanks,

Seetharam.

Hi Venkat,

I am from Hyderabad and I am also interested to move to Germany with a job in hand, so please help me with the details.

Please reply urgently.

Rajkess

Hi Seetharam,

I am from hyderabad & interested to move to germany, so we can exchange information etc.

Please reply urgently.

Hello Seetharam,

Would you mind sharing the procedure?
It would be great if you could guide on how to apply and what are the documents to be prepared?

Thanks
Keshavan

Hello Seetharam,

I am also interest  moving to germany for Job seeking.
I will attend the interview next week.

Would you mind sharing the Interview procedure?
It would be great helpful for me,if you could guide on how to take interview and what kind of questions they are asking? and please share with me your INTERVIEW Experience.

Please reply as soon as possible.

Shiva

hi am apply for a job seeker visa myself. can u pls help me with de cover letter.... plsss... i neeed it urgently.... pls reply

can u pls help me with the cover letter of yours... pls...

Hi Chandru,

Can u search in Google to find some Example letters, I am also prepared to this way.

1.Explaining the exact purpose,
2.course of action to find employment
3.Duration of your stay in Germany as well as next career plans should stay in Germany be unsuccessful

Mainly explain these are three steps clearly, and add some stuff of your platform(present working module).

Hey there I just read you comment and I got to know that you have already applied for this visa and you have idea about how much funds is required for this and various other things.
So is it possible that you can email me the process of how do I start with it and anything in particular I need to take care of before applying for this visa which might help me in easing the process .
Or