Salary

Hi!

I have decided that I want to move to Bali. I need a change :)

I`m trying to find out have much a hairdressers salary is, does anybody know?

Thanx!

Maximum 6 years in prison.
You'll never get a visa for that so you'd have to work illegally.

While Fred's response might seem a bit blunt, it is truthful.  Jobs in Bali are first and foremost for the locals and foreigners can only be legally hired for those very specific jobs requiring skills and experience not found in the Indonesian work force. 

Your best alternate avenue is to pursue a foreign investment company with a local Indonesian partner in which case you would be able to legally work as a principal of such a company.

Thanks for the answers.

Is it really that strictly? But it has to be some kind of solution, people move to Bali all the time..

Would it be easier to open my own shop?

Yssi, Seriously take Mas Freds and Ubudians advice on this. Before you do anything, research research research and of course, take the advice of Expats already there.

“people move to Bali all the time..”

Indeed they do, but not to find a job. 

Indonesia has a serious unemployment problem and it's worse in the Province of Bali. 

The new Indonesian immigration regulations which went into effect in 2011 allows for up to 5 years imprisonment and a fine of 500 million IDR (about US $45,000) as well as deportation for any foreigner caught working illegally in Indonesia.  And in Bali the authorities are seriously clamping down on illegal workers.

So yes, it would be a lot easier for you to open up your own shop with a local Indonesian partner.  There are plenty of highly qualified attorneys on Bali that can assist you in meeting all the bureaucratic requirements necessary to start a business in Indonesia.

First of all, I would never ever work without the right papers, thats not even a issue...

Thanx for the tips everyone. Maybe not what a had hopen for, but it is better to be realistic.
I will start to get in contact with some salons, and take if from there.