Skilled immigration to Australia

Aloha People from the Land Down Under!

to cut a long story short, I was called by two different immigration companies about relocating to Australia as my profession is currently in demand.

I am an internal auditor, and I checked the official immigration website (link) to verify that my profession is in demand. then I also asked the immigration officer for proof that they are licensed to do so, they gave me their number and asked me to check http://www.mara.gov.au/ and ensure they are properly licensed.

only one of them passed the test, the other has yet to respond to my email, in case you are wondering it is WWICS.

now at first, the fees they were asking seemed ridiculously expensive. it was close to Au4,000, of which they told me that Au$1,200 would be knocked off as it included landing services like helping you find accommodation, a job, open a bank account etc (all things I can get for free from friends on this here forum :) )

so my question is as follows:

is it possible to apply for all this by myself, without having ot incur the extra added expense of their fees?

or, is there an office in Australia, that would likewise be registered and able to provide this service for less?

many thanks for your feedback.

A friend of mine already informed me of one such company, its called bravo immigration in australia. I emailed them and have yet to hear from them, so if anyone is aware of other such offices, do please share it here :)

Sounds dodgy to me.
Check the Oz Govt inmmigration website online. This will give you all the information you need as to what type of visa you need and how to apply online.