Accommodation (OR) monthly house allowance

Hi all,
I am new to the blog, but I read a lot in the past month. it is an amazing idea!!!! and too much information to handle.
Any way My name is Gaily and I am moving some time in May-July to Riyadh from Dallas,TX.
I have been hired by the National Guard Hospital My question is... I just received the employment offer and it stats "Accommodation (OR) monthly house allowance 5200SR
1- will they give me choice?
2- which one is better
3- I heard it is better to take the accommodation if it is available.... how would I know if it is available?
4- if I am looking to rent for me, my wife and 2 kids, is it enough?
thanks so much for you feedback in advance
hope to hear from you soon.

Welcome to Expat.com allgaily!

Hope that you'll soon be advised.;)

Harmonie

Thanks Harmonie.

hi gaily first of all welcome in riyadh :D ..
i work also for national guard
its good if u take the accommodation in one of the compounds that national guard have .. your kids will be in safe area and they can enjoy the facilities .. and the transportation are available in the most times of the day like buses .. to the hospital or for the shopping ..

first of all accomodation/monthly house allowance means you will be getting cash for the house as 5200 SAR/-. it includes they just pay the amount but it is your responsibility to find a house .

you can find houses as per your budget which is easy in saudi as the rental chrges are nominal only.

5,200 SAR per month right? It's not sufficient budget to have accomodation in a western compound. And I guess you won't be interested to live in an apartment outside compounds.

If I were you, I'd ask them to provide accomodation preferably in one of their maintained/owned compounds.

thank you iMiNGO,farzabbas and TheLegendLeads for your responds.. and my NEW question is do I have the option of selecting? what if they are out of vacancies? is it possible? how can I found out? should I negotiate that I don't want the money I just need the accommodation?
I need a place with a GYM and a swimming pool.

thank you again for your time

Gaily

yeah you have the option of selecting :) ..

You can choose which you want, but the allowance is simply not enough if you wish to be in a Western compound. Go with the accommodation.

If you are going to work for the Nationa Guard Hospital in Riyadh (Kind Abdullaziz Medical City) and choose accomodation you will most likely be put at Al Yamama 3. Don't worry, there is plenty of room at AY3 (and other hospital compounds).

AY3 has a gym and four pools. Try and request AY3, if possible.