English teaching schools

Can anyone give me a list of schools that are good for teaching English as a second language in Istanbul? I want to move to Istanbul and teach English but want to get with a reliable school.

Welcome to the forum banas4916!

Hope that you'll soon be advised.;)

Harmonie

Yes, thank you. The list you gave me is what I was looking for!

Hi Banas

i also need this info, where is the list??!!

Thanks

May I also get hold of this list if possible?

Thanks! :D

Hey guys,

I don't want to sound rude but I think you should do some research, try GOOGLE for instance.. A "LIST" does not really exist and I don't think anyone has the time to write one.

Anyways, I'm teaching English here and I'll give you a brief overview.

In Istanbul you can teach English at a private school of which some are international schools, at a Language school (called dershane), or you can give private lessons. You can't really classify a school as "good" because each school has its pros and cons, I won't go into details, but some of the problems you can face are problems with the management, payments, salary, insurance, and work permit.

Now you can have a good time teaching here depending on what exactly you're looking for and what your expectations are. There is a big demand for foreign (Native is what they're called here) teachers here so you can find a job. You can apply online to international schools (Relatively good in terms of salary) and can apply in person to language schools (Enough to get you by and pay the bills if you're staying here for a few months). Its very difficult to teach in a public school, actually I've never heard of anyone who does.

Good luck to all!

Mo

Hi All .......& Mo

Mo, I am an experienced TEFL teacher & have lived abroad for the last 3 years teaching TEFL, prior to which I taught in a university in England; therefore I am VERY well aware of the disreputable reputation and practice of some schools, be they public or private.

I am also well aware of Google!! and yes, I do think you were rude!

There is a huge advantage to having schools recommended and it is common practice for teachers to do so as usually 'blacklists' of schools are prohibited on forums.  I can assure you there ARE lists for many countries, you yourself are obviously not aware of this. No school is perfect, but there are good schools everywhere, relatively speaking.

This is one of the purposes and a huge plus of forums such as this, to recommend and help, thereby preventing others having bad experiences. It is your view alone that people haven't got time to do this, personally I have MADE time to help others moving to my last country, just as others did for me.

Let's all continue to help each other. Happy teaching!

Anne

i can give an advice

Hi there,

Are you moving to Istanbul? Need help/advice?
Inbox me, ill try to help you out as much as i can

yes, i can help you.
what is your level and passport?