Any cyclists or cycling group in or near Mohammedia?

Hey everyone,

Now with the official start of Spring only 2 days away (March 20th), the weather is starting to cooperate and it's getting nicer everyday for cycling.

Are there any cycling groups in Mohammedia? or in Casa near Mohammedia?

If none exist, anyone interested in joining me to start a weekend cycling group?  Male or female cyclists are welcome.

Cheers!

Hello,

I am interested in cycling

Did u find any other person interested??

Thanks

I'm moving to Casablanca in roughly a month for a period of four to eight months. I am seriously contemplating bringing a bike. However, last time I was in Casa it didn't seem very cyclist friendly but if there are other cyclists it could be verrry tempting.

Hi there,

You're the first to reply :)  We can start the group and hopefully more people can join us.

Are you in Casa or Mohammedia?

I will share my phone in a private message.

Thanks!

Hi @bmharrison,

There are some decent cycling routes although you're correct in that most of Casa is probably not cyclist friendly.

I would say the suburbs, or if you stay closer to the coastline then you have much better options compared to the city center and old medina. So it really depends on where you live and where you go cycling.

I'm from California and, for me, bringing my bicycle was one of the best decisions. It's a great workout, plus it's very useful if I need to run a quick errand (instead of having to take a taxi!)

I live in a suburb just outside Casa - about 10 km north. It's less crowded and more laid-back than Casa. Cycling in this part of town is very pleasant.

Good luck, and don't forget to bring a helmet :)

Hey guys, I live in Casablanca, would love  going for a ride with my mountain bike.
If you go out this week end...I'm In!!!:)

Alvaro

I'm arriving in Morocco on Tuesday. I'm looking to buy a bike in Casablanca and joining your cycling group!

Does anyone have tips as to where I should buy a bike?

Thanks!!

Hi jeejee26,

Are you looking for used or new bikes, mountain bikes, or cyclist? These information may help to guide you to the bike that suit you best. :)

Thank you,

David.

Hey David,

I'm looking for a used road bike. I haven't seen the state of the road, but I'm assuming they're decent for a road bike.

A mountainbike would be to heavy for the long-distance I'm hoping to be doing.

Thanks!!

yes iam interested even if i replied late ; by the way iam from berrechid