Cost of living in Genoa

Hello everyone,

I am Aishu and I have been wanting to know about the cost of living in Genoa, Italy. Will 2300 - 2500 Euros/mnth be sufficient for a family of 2 people ? Any information regarding this would be of immense help :)

hi
I just saw ur msg, I reply  now maybe too late but anyway...I am from Genoa and this is my answer:
Italy is getting really expensive lately but I am sure that
2500 euro/month are definitively ok for a 2 member family , considering that now many many local families doesn't have such a big income.

If u want ur kid to be in a private school , or if u go dining out every other day then maybe you need more...

ciao

Really?

Is it really so cheap to live there? When I look at sites like these:
http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/ci … rrency=EUR

It doesn't seem like 2500 is a lot to live comfortably.. (buting money away to save).

Hi Jerryll,
I live in Genoa, I would say that 2500 Euros are well enough to live here and save something as well.
Accomodation:a one room rent downtown is around 400-600 Euros a month , a b&b is around 1000 but you do not have other expenses like water, electricity,heating, garbage.If you live alone I would consider this option.For long term stays you could get a lower rate.I know some places.
Car/motorbike are pretty expensive, not for their pure cost but for maintenance/gas .
Food is not expensive ,, a restaurant is around 30 Euros and a  pizza 15-20 including beer/dessert.
Glad to answer to your questions , pls write me to my e-mail address:[email protected]

best
Renzo :
top:  :top:

Wow, what an informative reply. Thank you VERY much!  This helps a lot.

hi..Jerryll did you go to Genoa?

Hi hi,

Yes I am here for almost 5 months now :)
Thank you for asking. How are you :)