Coming to Boquete on the 7th of april

My wife will be in town for 3 weeks.We are middle class gringos,(not many left in the US),would like to rent a house for 3 weeks or B&B,for a good price out of town .Being from Montana we like quiet.Are looking to move there.I have checked countrys all over and this seems the best place for now.
A good friend on the ground is worth more than gold.
Tom & Pat
Montana,USA
[email protected]
Skype-windrifter3,please call.
Thank You and
God Bless
T & P

Most of the real estate offices in Panama also do rentals.  You might want to check them out;

www.viviun.comwww.encuerta24.com
bouquete4sale.com

And there are several more.  Those are the biggies.

Depending on how far out of town you will be you will need a car unless you are comfortable speaking Spanish and will want a cab. So I'm not sure how far out you want to be.

If you want to only be with expats try boquete.ning.com

Have fun.

Flo
Have read a lot of your post.We will rent a car as we will be there 3 weeks to look around.Being from Montana don't mind chickens in the morning but dogs barking all night is not good.So something out of town would be good,pass this on if you like.Love people & kids.Will be there may 17 for 3 weeks.like to make good friends,i'm a country boy so i don't worry about making friends just down to earth ones.I like the outdoors,beer,fishing,beer,walking ,seeing new things,good food,sitting in a quiet spot,and other things.Almost forgot drinking beer????? 69 year old irishman,who loves to make people enjoy themselves.
Pat and I would love to talk,if you Skype give us a call at windrifter3
[email protected]
God Bless
T & P
PS hope you have a sence of humor,,,,,i do?????

Happy St. Paddy's Day Tom.  You'll have to have a green beer for me since they don't sell those here in Cuernavaca - we get the best margarita's though :) !  Come to think of it, those are green too.  :):)

There is a guy who offers spear fishing off a pier in Boca Chica. Not sure if that is your kind of fishing but the guy is always looking for people to come out and fish.  If you want more info let me know.

Having a car so that you can explore will be good.  It will make things easier on you since some places won't be on the main road (like getting to Sitio Barriles).  Some things I would suggest you do a tour for (like the Caldera Hot Springs because it's tricky to find).

If you want links and such let me know.  Our good friends in Boquete are actually leaving Panama sometime in June so I'm trying to find out if they would like to connect with you.  I have had them meet up with others who I send to them for information, and even just for a friendly face when visiting in a foreign place.

Being an irishman i plan to do that along with corned beef.I plan not to party to much those days are over,(crap).Yes i would like to meet this guy he's a wealth on info on fishing.As i "pay it forward",great movie and i live that way,i would hope to supply all my friends with fish.
Would love to meet them.Will be down april 17 for 3 weeks.
Would like to start on a visa now if i can,i so i need a lawyer down there(boy that scares the crap out of me).We are going to move there,we will fit in,we don't have any airs that were better than anyone and will help anyone we can.Same thing we do here.I'm a fisherman by trade,would work with the locals catching fish,lobster if it's there and crabs(love seafood).Anyhelp on finding something to rent (out of town) would be nice,even someone that has an extra bedroom,as long as they can keep up with a crazy irishman.
Would like to talk.
Tom & Pat
montana
Skype= windrifter3
[email protected]
For other info we'll use email
Will my eyes are getting fuzzy (damn green beer).
Thank You
God Bless
T & P
ps,The bear in the photo,is named barney,he stayed aroung all summer.

Here is the link for the fishing thing.  I've never been so I don't have first hand knowledge but the guy is always looking for someone to come and fish with him.

http://blueturtlepanama.com/Spearfishing.html

Have you lived in Panama yet?  I always suggest you don't start visas, you don't move bank accounts, you don't move furniture, nada, until you've lived in the country no less than 6 months.  You do not have to have the visa to visit the country. 

And depending on the city you end up in - and I'm not sure I see that listed - you might not need a car so paying all that money to the country of Panama and then not staying, its just not worth it.

We have friends who have been in Boquete over a year.  They came, began the process of getting their visa, were denied twice because the lawyers kept doing something wrong and they are out of pocket over $2000 and now they are leaving Panama in June.

One of the biggest rackets going - even more so than those relocation tours - is the money that the governement of Panama is making off of people who are getting all those visas and then not staying to use them.  Just my two cents.

If you want to rent from expats use the links I sent you for boquete.ning.com.  And most of the homes for rent in Boquete and even in other areas are owned by Americans who can't sell and who won't be returning so negotitate the price to get what you want.  If renting from a local be sure to ask if it has a washer and a dryer (if that is important to you).  Most locals don't own clothes dryers.

Well,i think i had to much corned beef yesterday?????They had a old rock and roll band and it was great.Asked if he would like to move there and open a bar.With all the old farts like me there he would be a hit i think.
Yes you are correct about all the rest,and i know better.I think that after 90 days you cross the border one day come back and start all over is this true.After reading about bringing in a car forget it.One thing i do have is a nice fishing boat,was wondering if that may not be as hard to get in country.This is 21ft and great in the ocean when the weather is not to bad.I would like to get off this open thread do you have an email.We look forward to meeting you.
God Bless
T & P

Hey neighbor! We stop in Eureka every once in a while when we're heading to Kalispell to shop--we're in Cranbrook, BC.  Considering taking a trip to check out retirement locations in Panama in December.  Will watch your postings to glean some information.

Take care.

I'm so glad you shared that info.
My husband and I pretty much feel Panama is perfect for us.
Especially Boquete, because of the spring time weather yr round.

However, i don't want to start Pensionado Visa until we know for your that we want to stay.

But it says one only has 3 months to stay on a regular visa to enter the country.

If we stay for 3 months - (or can we stay 6 months?)
can we then apply for Pensionado Visa and get a temporary resident card until we get a final card?

Or will they may us leave?

We are coming this July 2013.

thanks
bev

Hello Bev -> Why don't you start a new thread on the Panama forum with your questions on visa? This will allow better interaction. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie