Searching topics?

Is there a way to search for topics in the Ecuador forum. I have some mundane airline questions but would like to search first to see if I can find answers...

There are Topics listed at the top of the sign on page. You might try clicking on that. They are somewhat loosely grouped, but its a good place to start.
Good Luck
Neil

I did see that...OK, here's the mundane question: What airlines fly in-out of GYE? from West coast? Best/ worst?

Try LAN. They are a great airlines, with fantastic staff. They are very competitive in their pricing also.
Good Luck!

Thanks, I'll check them out. We are planning on coming down in June to look around. Have made contact with the Conductor of the Cuenca Symphony and hope to meet him and some other musicians. are you living in Ecuador right now? Gerry

No Gerry,
I'm still in Minnesota. My condo is just being completed in Cuenca, and I am flying back on the 1st of June. I'll be flying into GYE. on the 1st, and then on to Cuenca on the 2nd.
I am renting an apartment the month of June to allow me to get all the appliances, furniture and services set up. It will be a real adventure, as I'm only bringing 2 suitcases, a carry on and my laptop.
Best wishes to you and your husband. Hope you have a good meeting with The Symphony. I'm sure you will. Music.... the universal language.... you'll fit right in!
Stay Well,
Neil

Gerry,
I just talked to a friend that is flying Copa out of LA. The flight is about a grand. The thing that is cool, is it's a one day connecting flight, all the way to Cuenca. No over night stay. Take off at midnight from LA., has a plane change in Panama City, fly  into Quito, then onto Cuenca, arriving there in the afternoon. Really sweet to be able to avoid the over night stay. I can't avoid from MSP, as I arrive in GYE at 7:00 p.m., too late to drive into Cuenca.
Good Luck

Neil: I did see that online and will check it out. I'm going to try bidding for a flight on Priceline and see how it goes. I need to figure out how to get to LAX on the cheap from Medford. (13 hr drive so driving is not an option).
Have you heard about the DIY Cuenca Landing Guide? I found it online at http://discovercuencaecuador.com
Angie and Frank wrote it and it is very thorough. They cover everything from landing in GYE, getting to Cuenca, washing machines, dental work, taxis, places to avoid, the best markets and living Frugally. It's a guide of how to learn from their mistakes.
They tell you about a cheap van service ($12) to Cuenca. If I end up flying into GYE I will probably go up the coast first, over to Quito and down to Cuenca at the end. I was going to start in Cuenca which is how I found out about the Van service via Angie. If you call the Van to pick u up at the airport it is $80. If you go to their office via taxi (or walk) and take it from there, it is $12.00!
I want to check out some small farms when I get to Cuenca. 2-5 acres where I can grow my own and be self sufficient which I mainly am here in Oregon. Got my taters in yesterday.
Gotta get to bed. Thanks for the COPA tip and good luck with your move. We are brave, aren't we...?!
Gerry