Journey to Palestine

Hello all,
This 24/03 I am travelling to Jordan for 11 days.

On the very next day morning I will be travelling to Jerusalem,  Palestine. Can anybody advise me the best route and please give me exact directions.

I will be in Amman with my family ...So..

1. What is the best time to start the journey on 25/03....

2. What next..

How far can my Jordanian husband drop us from Amman?

3. When do I take a taxi ..we are a family of five, myself and my four kids.

4..I really need directions and all the advice to reach the Capitol hotel in Jerusalem.

I also want to know how many shekels do I need as exit/entry fee at Israeli border?
Where is it best to change the currency?

Sincere thanks to all contributors.

flowerinjannah

A friend of mine is in Jerusalem now. She left yesterday.As a Singaporean , she doesn't need to apply visa beforehand to enter Palestine. You can hire a taxi to send you to the border , Husein bridge and from there you may catch a taxi from the Palestinian side. Several friends stayed at Holyland Hotel. Once my friend returns from her trip to Alaqsa I will keep you posted.

Sincere thanks for your reply. It would be extremely helpful if your friend is able to send a taxi, but bearing in mind thatI have a family of 5 including myself and 4 kids. Also, I can only pay a reasonable fare, as I am on a tight budget.

Keep me updating on the info from palestine..it would be extremely kind of you.

Regards,
Flowerinjannah

flowerinjannah wrote:

Sincere thanks for your reply. It would be extremely helpful if your friend is able to send a taxi, but bearing in mind thatI have a family of 5 including myself and 4 kids. Also, I can only pay a reasonable fare, as I am on a tight budget.

Keep me updating on the info from palestine..it would be extremely kind of you.

Regards,
Flowerinjannah

Salam... If I am not mistaken, to charter a taxi from Amman to Husein bridge may cost about 20 to 30JD. But you can also arrange for the taxi to be with you whilst you are in Jerusalem and bring you back to Amman but it is best to arrange this with a tour agent so as to assure your safety.

sincere thanks for your earnest reply. I shall discuss with my dear husband..and get back to you. PM your phne number so as to keep it handy when I need to use it.

Salam,
Rehana

Just updating whilst on my stay in petra....

Following my arrival in amman on 24/03, I set off to palestine wid my kids. The trip was njoyable, hotel capitol excellent service,  people welcoming. No issues with israeli forces. Back in amman..after 3 nights...m now off to c petra kabir...
Any suggestion welcome...
Regards,
Rehana
Njoying my stay...we have rented a flat and my mr's cousin is v helpful...weather njoyable ..kids all ok