Security around

Hello all, I'm coming in egypt in 2 weeks for a visit.
I wonder if someone could giv me some info about security at the moment for travelling in night train (not sleeping train) from Cairo to Luxor.
Also if someon has an idea about if it is dangerous touristic trips to Minya zone.

thank you very much!!

hi liliumpool

hope you arrive and  enjoy your visit

about travelling by train its totally safe and ,  secure any time of the day , no problem with it , as a  general status.

just the ticketing time does matter , you have to do it early before your trip .

and for informing you the more high security level is the airplane to luxuor

about minya ( ELS'AED REGIONS ) also it will be a safe trip.the regions is quite and  have a high level of secur

but take into account  to follow the general safety tips and advice :

while travelling by train dont  carry too much money with you , and be in a group or a friend , thats not necessary but just to be ok and more comfortable.

about the trip to menia ( as general advice in all cases i don't know if are going alone or with group ( but dont be alone in all cases ) this tip is just for you not related to the region there , the city is quite and full of good ppl .

so the main line for advice and informing is your visit will be 100 % safe , with following the general security advice just to avoid any random probability of a robbery as any other country

Egypt still have high security level,just the one have to more careful ,

wish safe visit

thank you very much :)
Actually I'm travelling alone...so I guess I will leave Minya for another time or ttry to find a booked guided visit
Very useful answer
sukran awi

cristina

you are welcome Cristine

as you are moving alone in all cases,by train it will be ok and there is lot of expats in luxuor and of course local ppl are  very kind,

about minya you took the right decision ,not for a security matter but a company for just to be more comfortable and enjoy the trip even its for working ,

You can book a train ticket online https://enr.gov.eg/ticketing/public/login.jsf Also have a look at this page: http://www.seat61.com/Egypt.htm

Hi Liliumpool

Do not even consider travelling to Minya alone by train, it is in Upper Egypt and whilst it is not a security hot spot, in the present situation, do not travel anywhere alone in Egypt, you must be part of a tour group!

This is from another female expat who has lived in Egypt for 13 yrs.

The Red Sea area of Sharm el Sheikh, Hurgada and Luxor is quite safe, but it is safer to fly.

Hoping this is of assistance.

Hallo, the security advice of the people around me is a definite no!
I'm usually not scared easily, I was in Menya the last to days, with 3 female friends and we had to take an male egypt friend with us, just in case...
Going by night on the train is an absolute no!!!
Are you here for vacation?

oh, thank you all very much :O
I might be changing my plans for what you say...I didn't think the night train would be unsafe.
Yes, I'm going for holidays. 2 weeks.