Relocating or Retiring to Central America?

All the rules and regulations in the "States" getting you down? I am a resident 21 years in Central America, many of those years were spent as a guide-interpreter for visitors (much of that in our 'conflict' years before there were Internet connections and Cellphones, let alone even a public fax outside of capital cities!) So I am more of a face to face "people person" than an "online" or virtual one, so if you are serious about heading "Way Down South" in the near future please feel free to message or e mail and I will return in kind as soon as possible. I conducted over 600 small excursions throughout Central America and besides saving a couple of lives and having my own saved a few times I also saved some clients who wished to retire a lot of time and money...bs actually..by quietly connecting them teh people they needed to be connected with. punto.
I despise scam artists and hustlers who take advantage of others, their nationality, race, color or "creed" is not important. The content of a persons character is important.
I am not very "politically correct" I don't know how to be and don't wanna learn!
I am an expert on body language and other little subtle things.

My words.....

Especially for you Baby Boomers ready to retire.

For citizens of the US ("Americans") and others thinking of retiring or relocating abroad, I left the US some 21 years ago, whether you are going to live in a gated community/condos or 'go native', get a hammock and put up a wooden papalpa along a deserted beach is your business, if you have the income you have the freedom to decide the lifestyle in the country you choose to reside in. Of course take caution if purchasing land or real estate and if the local language of the region is not English, advisable to take classes to get to basic level of comprehension and conversation in that language before you depart. Travel to your target destinations first, meet ex pats who have made the transition (avoid "ex pats" or agressive bi lingual locals trying to sell you real estate) and have them introduce you to natives, check out the area, safety, shopping, all pros and cons. Then you decide.

I read so many bloqs on Latin America, so much "travel advice" on travellers forums, written by "Anglo Saxons"(travellers..transients), much of it telling others, not suggesting, how they should either travel or live when out of the US, my best advice, other than above is to be flexible and take every new day as an adventure, yes, relocating is very stressful, especially to another country with different customs and culture and language and communication can be difficult at first.

I plan on writing an E Book "Relocating in Central America made easy..Tips and Tricks"

Also anyone wishing to volunteer for humanitarian aid either enroute to your Central American destination in your RV or if you travel worldwide check us out on

www.truetravellers.org/

and www.volunteersouthamerica.net/  Volunteering is a great way to meet people abroad, make friends and may lead to employment if you have skills.

I reside in El Salvador now, able to assist business persons as well. Our humble bi lingual links and information site is www.theotherelsalvador.com/

Anyone wishing detailed research information on this region or wishing to relocate/retire and purchase land and real estate do message me in confidence, and be advised the only "free" services I am able to provide is assistance and logistics for volunteers in humanitarian aid. I have enough "chums" already.

Thank you so much, when I need your help I will give you message.

I want to move to South America, primarily Chile, once I graduate college in the U.S..  I will have a doctorate in Veterinary Medicine.  Is there any hope for me finding work down there and maybe afford a house at some point?  I know quite a few locals.  How hard is the paperwork to transfer citizenship?  Where do I go to find information on this?