Military space A

Is there a USA military airport located in Panama - I was wondering if I could use my Space A bennie to get there?

Looking to see if there is a USA military airport to use Space A bennies.  I am retired US Army.

Not sure, we were wondering the same thing.  But I do not think there are any military bases left in panama.

Born on the eastern shore where is Millesville Md.Will be in Bouqete april 17 for 3 weeks if your around.
Tom
[email protected]

One of the military airports is being remodeled and will be opening as the 5th of the 'new' international airports in Panama.  It is located near Colon. 

Your military retirement won't amount to much in Panama any longer. 

The other airport used by the US military is the airport known as Albrook.  If you want to see some incredibly beautiful homes you can walk around the area outside Albrook Airport.  That area near the Albook Inn was all US military homes, and did they live large!  Someone is remodeling the old military officers club and I'm not sure that's really a good thing, but no one asked me.  LOL

Was wondering about your comment about miltiary retirement not being enough.  I will be getting about $1,800 in cash (about 2,000 before deductions)  And after paying a mortgage on a house in the US, around 200-500 from Soc Scty.  Will that be enough?

I'm sorry, I meant that there were no perks left for US military in Panama.  No bases, no military post exchange places, etc.

You should be fine on $2000 a month in retirement funds.  We decided to live like locals and lived for less than $700 a month.  Rent was $300 and food was $300 most months.  So on what you will have you should be able to live pretty well in Panama.  Just not in PC.  Way to costly in PC.

It will all depend on how you want to live. 

ralph.pratt wrote:

Was wondering about your comment about miltiary retirement not being enough.  I will be getting about $1,800 in cash (about 2,000 before deductions)  And after paying a mortgage on a house in the US, around 200-500 from Soc Scty.  Will that be enough?

This is at least a year in advance - Where, what area would you recommend a single guy that enjoys fishing/snorkeling to retire?  Would help if local females speak English.  I like the idea of living cheaply.  But would need internet & air conditioning.

Why so little in social security?  If you contributed during your time in service and worked for any period following your retirement it should be considerable more.

I did not do 20 yrs active - only 14.  The other 17 were Nat guard. On the civilian side, I didn't work high paying jobs (substitute teaching, life guard, missionary etc.)