Mobile companies, local number and data plan

Hi,

My wife will have to go to Almaty for work during two months and I'd like to join her. I mostly work remotly from home so I think it won't be a problem me other than the cold :) and I'm really looking forward to visit the country.

However I need an affordable and reliable 3g internet acccess so I can be connected to send my project files to customers and attend my Spanish local number through VOIP.

That's why I need some information about mobile providers, plans and so on. I'd like to buy a prepaid or pay as you go local SIM with a local number and a flat or moderate data plan.

Can anyone give me some help on this?

Thank you!

Hi this is a list of inet providers: http://wimax.livebusiness.ru/providers/almaty/
as for mobile connection- we have several of operators and all of them are not cheap- so no need to worry about this in advance)
Regards,
Madina

I find the phone rates cheap here in KZ. I myself use a prepaid SIM, mainly for calling. If I would want to have 3G internet on it, it will cost me around 20-30 tenge per day. Not expensive, but since a lot of restaurants and bars provide free wifi, I haven;t felt the need to add this to my SIM (yet).

I use KCell, to my satisfaction for almost 2,5 years now.

Good luck with your descision.

Any ONE Kindly let me know can I get MICRO SIM USE IN MY IPHONE??

CAN I BUY IN ALMATY AIRPORT?

WHERE IS THE BEST PLACE TO BUY PREPAID SIM CARD WITH INTERNATE?

I WILL APPRECIATE ANY ONE KIND HELP

Micro and nano SIMs are available in Kazakhstan, but you probably cannot buy these at the airport.

Depending on the phone company try to get to their service offices and they can easily help you buying the correct SIM for your phone.

Kazakhstan basically has 3 big phone providers, KCell, Beeline and Tele2. They differ not that much from eachother. Go to their websites for more info.

I personally use KCell and I am very happy with it. Cheap prices for calls, internet unlimited for 20tg a day extra. Decent service in their offices and a website in English. I have no much info on the other companies.

Good luck.