Vaccinations Required

Hi all,

I am relocating to Egypt for a year and would like to know off
any ex-pats what vaccinations are required, im getting a few different answers on the web and would like to know the correct answer.

Thanks

Basically it is up to you.

The only 2 vaccs that you may have that are to be of any use are maybe the Hep. A and the typhoid.

There are no receommendations for any other vaccinations at all.

Even malaria - there is only one area where malaria medication my be rec. for and that is the Fayoum Oasis.

When you arrive you will have a blood test - and will be tested for hepatitis and HIV - if you have either you will be asked to leave.

Also general good practices help to protect.
Drink bottled water (you can go as far as to clean your teeth with it also), wash / strilise fruit and veg. before eating (yiou can buy the camping stiliser or I use some good slugs of vinegar (widely available and cheap) with water to soak and wash salad veg (it seems to have worked over the last year - I love strawberries and grapes and was very ill the first grape season i was here - but lest year passed without incident - alot of EGyptians from outside the country do this also).
Take care where you eat, avoid salads when eating outside the house, don't buy from street vendors, etc.

Thank you very much for your kind reply.
I am very much looking forward to arriving in Egypt, i would love more information on the area that i will be residing in but unfortunately there is very limited information.
I will be in Borg El Arab City.
What is the best Health Insurance to use also?